RVP Brands and Marketing, Greater China is responsible for overall marketing - - digital marketing and social commerce, consumer insights, brand clarity, integrity and development, corporate communications, loyalty, CRM and partner marketing - - that will support and drive total revenue generation and brand preference in the Greater China region. The position strategically coordinates the detailed planning and execution of the region’s consumer insight driven strategic marketing, digital and social commercial plan to maximize Brand Value, Revenue per available Room, grow market share and create loyalty and advocacy for our brands, both on-line and off-line.
- Identify and understand the objectives, issues and opportunities faced by the Region and develop strategy to meet goals, seize opportunities and overcome challenges with focus on digital and social commerce.
- Prioritize activities that will create maximum impact on brand value, management fees, hotel profitability and consumer, associate and owner engagement and preference.
- Ensure that the Region, Areas and Hotels are equipped with strong and adequate marketing resources, strategies, training and tools to maximise efficiency and productivity and achieve rate, occupancy, and marketing goals.
- Provide proactive overall and holistic marketing and distribution support to new hotels to aid awareness, brand amplification and speedy ramp up
- Support existing hotels directly or through Area teams when performance rectification is required.
- Ensure the smooth transition and implementation of tools such as HBM, web and analytic tools.
- Support Global / Regional brand initiatives and localization from an above-the-line and online media, aesthetic and operations perspective and ensure effective roll out through the Region.
- Oversee digital marketing/e-commerce, corporate communications, World of Hyatt loyalty program, consumer insights and analytic teams in conjunction with the respective corporate functional heads to ensure the needs of the Region are met and to support global initiatives.
- Coordinate and guide the preparation of the function’s budget.
- Oversee the marketing resources and funds, and control of departmental expenses.
- Review annual top line hotel budgets and forecasts to ensure maximum share and revenue growth within Region.
- Support Feasibility and Development with Sales and Marketing data for new properties and acquisitions, develop pre-opening Sales and Marketing plans and provide input to individual hotel Pro-formas as needed.
- Work with Electronic Distribution and Revenue Management to increase revenue and pricing through preferred and low cost channels.
- 15 to 20 years of marketing experience with a heavy emphasis on e-commerce, digital and social, especially in China.
- Interaction with and understanding of diverse cultures
- Proven track record of leading successful teams and achieving designated goals and objectives
- Proven track record of developing and nurturing colleagues
- Successful engagement with corporate and hotel teams, owners and their representatives
- Business planning, budgeting and oversight
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible