Discover the unexpected at Hilton The Hague
Located in the old city center, Hilton The Hague is close to the embassy quarter, just steps from the Dutch Parliament, and the beach is only 15 minutes from the hotel. Set in the former Dutch Post head office, the hotel features 194 spacious guest rooms; suites, Restaurant Pearl and bar SPARK with waterside terrace. We proudly serve Starbucks® coffee and offer a 24-hour fitness center, Executive Lounge and versatile meeting space up to 400 space.
Endless Possibilities at Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen, situated in serene woodlands and close to sand dunes, overlooks a nine-hole golf course with putting green and driving range. Discover our fitness center, swimming pool and spa.
With its 113 spacious bedrooms, this countryside retreat provides endless possibilities for creative meetings and events up to 750 persons in 21 meeting rooms. For corporate hospitality and team building, we offer indoor and outdoor experiences and culinary treats.
As Cluster Director of Business Development, you will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business. The Director of Business Development reports directly to the Cluster Director of Business Development The Netherlands with a dotted line to the General Manager of Hilton The Hague and Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen. The Director of Business Development will train, coach, and continuously develop the Business Development Team. Specifically, a Director of Business Development will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Evaluate accurately hotel market mix and revenue forecasts
• Review and analyse, in a proactive manner, rate and inventory management and strategy effectiveness
• Lead effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion
• Provide guidance for local sales marketing initiatives
• Communicate Revenue Management Standards and best practices
• Develops short, medium and long-term strategies for hotels through the Commercial Focus matrix and provide consultative support to other commercial support functions
• Make recommendations to take full advantage of revenue opportunities
• Train team members to understand key selling strategies and revenue management, including new tools, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) tracking
• Coach and develop the hotel-based Business Development Team, through objectives setting, personal development and succession plans
• Prepare, analyse and write reports to outline business progress and opportunities
• Assist with the account diagnostics process and validate conclusions for negotiated business and on-line sales strategies
• Evaluate market demand by utilising available reports both internal and external, including market share, market conditions, competitive pricing
• Generate periodic updates on transient booking patterns
• Maintain effective working relationships with all key suppliers
• Recruiting, manage, train and develop the Business Development team
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
• Intensive training period and a personal development program
• Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
• Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
• Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
• Participation in sport events like Dam to Dam, beach volleyball and soccer competitions
• Annual team outings, staff party and quarterly team member forums
• Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don''t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Amsterdam-Zuid, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible