A Design Project Director – Southeast Asia Pacific (SEAP) will be responsible for pipeline projects (new, conversions, property improvement plan and CapEx).
- Project involvement from inception to handover & opening.
- Provide leadership of the projects as the principal Hilton Technical Services representative to and from owners and Project consultants
- Ensure internal communications and effective relationships on those projects with all other departments and specialists including Brands, F&B, Spa, IT, Development, Pre-Opening and Ops.
- Manage the Design Review & Approval Process (DRAP) for all CapEx properties, advise and guide property management team to the process, issue official Design Approval Letters to property.
- Work with Regional General Managers, hotel GMs and all teams including finance and operations departments to advise on Hilton Brands D&C standards.
- Coordinate with Hilton Restaurant Group (HRG) F&B concepts and F&B Operations (FBO) Teams for restaurant refurbishment, conversions at existing properties and new builds.
- Work closely with Spa Director for introduction of Hilton Spa brands at refurbishment, conversion projects and new builds. Advise on spatial practicality of existing floor plate/space allocation for potential spa, including consultation with Technical Services'' Engineering on MEP services feasibility.
- Overview or preparation in close collaboration with Operations Teams on brand standards, design narrative and briefs and guidelines.
- Recommend Project Consultant Panels (PCP) for selected design consultants to project management team.
- Guide various Design Consultants and on design and advise on Hilton Brands D&C standards to ensure conformity.
- Prepare regular reports to document design status and implementation.
- Attend consultant''s presentations, review design documents for brand standard, design and construction guidelines compliance, best design practice and represent Hilton in design meetings. Attend mock-up room reviews and prepare checklist and reports.
- Review and approval of FF&E design and shop drawings, mock-ups and prototypes in all parts of the Hotel: Accommodations, Public areas and F&B outlets, to ensure minimum technical requirements are met in accordance to relevant Brand D&C standards, design ergonomics, functionality and suitability of materials specifications for purpose.
- Participate in Value Management stages of design ensuring that brand quality standards are not compromised.
- Follow-up and review, in attendance with the ID consultant, FF&E items, including factory inspections.
- Participate in post-completion design reviews with Operations Teams.
- Contribute to Australasia specific addenda to global Brand standards for all Hilton brands.
- Work effectively with Global Shared Services group re Brand standards & signage issues.
- Work effectively with Brand and Brand Performance support re Brand standards and design approval for CapEx Refurbishment, PiP''s and new builds.
- Prepare, present and participate in monthly Project Review Meetings and regular Design Reviews, periodic site reviews and review of mock-up guestrooms.
- Prepare and maintain Non-Compliance Schedules re D&C standards, FLS & Brand standards. Co-ordinate with Brands re waivers for non-compliant items.
- Inspect, manage and prepare Property Improvement Plans (PIPs) for selected conversion projects.
- Assist Development & Feasibility teams in pro-active assessment potential conversion and re-licensing projects, brand alignment and attributes, quality of project, functional planning and consultant selections.
- Prepare project specific design briefs working closely with appropriate Ops Teams.
- Report monthly on design status and implementation via Project Status meetings with Design Director Capex, Refurbishment and Conversions.
- Co-ordinate with QA re pre-opening QA inspections.
- Prepare and maintain a Development & Training Plan and associated training programs.
- BA of Architecture (B.Arch) degree
- Ability to work effectively with and gain respect and trust of owners, developers, design consultants, contractors and with all Hilton departments (including Executive management, Development, Pre-Opening, Operations, Brand management and other Technical Services team members)
- Ability to review Architectural, ID fit-out & other designs quickly and make constructive suggestions for improvements
- Excellent people skills
- Good communications both written and verbal
- Sensitivity in dealing with various people, personalities, cultures
- Flexibility to handle changing circumstances
- Able to take total responsibility for projects
- Able to work independently & with the Global support teams
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Able to travel extensively within the regions for projects or client meetings
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- 9, Chiyoda-ku, Japan
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible