The Senior Director HWS Europe is responsible for supporting the development and executing the sales strategy of the largest and most complex global accounts (in all segments) in Continental Europe in order to generate demand, increase market share, strengthen relationships and drive loyalty from this global account portfolio. The position is also responsible for developing and managing stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, in not only driving incremental revenue to all hotels globally, by engaging with all hotels, regardless of ownership type, on how best to communicate, leverage and drive the best possible results through the HWS engines, resources, accounts, market & segment intelligence and interaction. This role is also responsible for managing a team of HWS Hub leaders, ensuring they are equipped to drive the talent agenda, through recruitment, selection, coaching, mentoring and performance managing their teams.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• This role is accountable for the performance of the HWS sales team in Continental Europe, which generates a targeted amount of sales influenced revenue from the managed key global accounts whilst being responsible for the management of a budget. This leadership role also has responsibility for monthly forecasting and reporting, by Hub, and managing expenses within the pre-determined budgeted numbers in their area of responsibility,
• The role holder must possess extremely strong communication skills, be an articulate presenter in both small and larger groups (meetings and on stage) and be current in industry trends both within the hotel segment and within the various business segments that he/she is help responsible for.
• The position responsibilities include the management and participation in key travel industry trade shows (IBTM, IMEX etc.), as well as organizing regular customer forums and participation in industry trade representing Hilton in developing trusting and respectful business partnerships with ownership groups and individuals.
• The Senior Director HWS Continental Europe is also responsible for driving customer engagement and ensuring these relationships are the most commercially viable for the Company.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Excellent communication skills; presentations, written and public speaking.
• Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources.
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
• Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration amongst others.
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behavior and absolute discretion with sensitive information.
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem-solving skills in others.
• Ability to provide development and mentoring to others.
• Budget and management skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
• Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance.
• Proven understanding of customer business, segments and industries, including business plans, competitive environment and distribution channels and product financials.
• Extensive understanding of local market and industry in order to make recommendations on how to achieve targets.
• University degree at bachelor level or equivalent or experience in lieu thereof.
• Significant work experience in roles including people management experience.
• Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• German language skills highly advantageous
• Experience from within the hospitality, leisure & travel sector preferred
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• Advanced degree or equivalent.
• Significant hospitality industry experience in a sales leadership role.
- Job type
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract