A Great Opportunity with Hilton
The Senior Analyst for Payroll & Compliance willassume responsibility for co-ordinating and delivering the day to day processesthat will ensure smooth running of the Payroll function within Hilton''s UKCentre of Excellence. Under the direction of the Senior Manager Payroll &Compliance supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goalssurrounding c.10k employees and c. 29 PAYE references.
Coordinating processes involved in the deliveryof accurate and timely compliance reporting to HMRC for Payroll & Benefits,as well as for pension activities.
The Senior Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programmes, which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class Payroll services.
It is expected that the Senior Analyst will also provide guidance and training to the Analysts in the team, and be up to date with payroll statutory legislation. You should ideally have experience of payroll controller activities, such as GL processing, payroll journal postings and reconciliations, Benefit in kind reporting and global payroll activities. It is expected that the Senior Analyst will complete SOX compliance tasks each month, quarter end, year end, and support the Senior Manager with all related tasks.
You will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of Payroll strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis. This will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Hire To Retire arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Payroll Service Level Agreements (SLA''s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met / exceeded.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
- Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and co-ordinating all required Payroll and Compliance related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
- Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement, upon agreement
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Payroll and Compliance responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
- Set up and attend team meetings / huddles, etc. pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required.
- Co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Payroll, pensions and BIK activities.
- Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business.
- Support the Senior Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
- Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
- Support the Senior Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
- Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained.
- Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
- Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
- Process Payroll policy and procedures updates and communicate changes to relevant Team Members, Management and locations.
- Provide UK tax regulations, statutory requirements and internal control guidance to staff and work directly with tax department for reporting submission.
- Serve as Payroll and Compliance liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all PayrollCompliance activities.
- Carry out all Payroll & complainceand pensions processes and validation activities ensuring all PAYE references (Hilton and owners) meet government legislation, including, but not limited to: PAYE, Pensions, Benefits in Kind (BIK) National Minimum Wage, etc.
- Support Manager with 3rd party providers to implement system / process changes as required for legislation updates with a continuous monitoring process in place to track any changes to HTR system parameters.
- Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
- Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team.
- Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required.
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do'' approach.
- Thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Good technical skills and strong exposure to HTR & Benefits in Kind Compliance.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
-Payroll General ledger - understanding of payroll general ledger requirements, journal processing, trial balance and reconciliations
- Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions.
- Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment.
- Strong knowledge of PeopleSoft and / or other similar accounting ERP packages.
- Previous experience of producing BIK, P11Ds, PSA returns
- Previous experience of producing RSU and global mobility payroll transactions
- Hospitality industry experience
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
* A sufficient amount of relevant work experience within Payroll & Payroll accounting process
* Proficient in in MS Excel (Ideally Advanced level), Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
- Commencing studies towards Payroll or accounting qualification
- BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree
- Please note some element of international travel may be required
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible