The Payroll Implementation Manager will assume responsibility for delivering the UK Payroll project for Hilton within the UK. They will play a significant part in managing the roll out of a UK specific Payroll Solution using Oracle Cloud Payroll.
The post holder will be expected to work closely with and advise Hilton''s UK Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions, collaborate effectively with 3rd party consultants to implement the desired solution and manage a small team of Hilton project analysts. The ability to support successful Change Management is considered essential to the success of the role given the criticality of the payroll process for the organization.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Key Responsibilities are:
• Successful implementation of the Oracle HCM Cloud UK Payroll Solution (including absence module) for Hilton in accordance with the agreed project plan and approved budget.
• Works closely and effectively with Glasgow CoE Senior Manager Projects and Senior Manager Payroll to ensure Hilton''s Payroll business processes are standardized and simplified.
• Ensure provision of a simplified and efficient end user experience, while adhering to Hilton''s standards and practices.
• Management of the Hilton Payroll project team and accountability for the activities they are required to complete
• Provides timely project management decisions where requested
• Works closely with the 3rd party consulting team to deliver the project.
• Ensure compliance with Hilton project delivery methodology
• Issues weekly status reports and chairs the weekly project status meeting
• Provides ultimate sign-off on project deliverables and stage gates
• Create and maintain the project plan
• Manages project risks, dependencies and issues – escalate where appropriate.
• Prepare Steering Group status reports on a monthly basis
• Present to the Steering Group
• Ensures that project benefits are realised
• Manages all commercial aspects of the project
• Manage the ongoing relationship with Oracle Cloud Services
• Engages and communicates regularly with the Hilton business on project status and updates
• Liaise with Hilton Internal Audit on all project related matters.
Directing & Planning Activities
• Plan and direct the Project team workloads and priorities, ensuring agreed deliverables are completed to scheduled timelines and PMO materials are updated accordingly
• Influence and motivate the team and ensure all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way
• Implement solutions and systems as outlined by Leadership and manage project to ensure goals are achieved
• Provide guidance and review on best solution and implementation practices to support the successful delivery of project.
• Oversee all PMO activities, providing the business with relevant status updates and demonstrate a clear understanding of the accounting impact of proposed solutions
• Work with the Hilton IT leadership in US to ensure standardisation and compliance with Hilton''s global IT requirements.
• Monitor and manage the team''s progress towards delivery of tasks through dashboard reporting, or similar, at project level to confirm on track status and resolve open items; taking corrective action to ensure team goals and objectives are met
• Collaborate effectively with Senior Manager Payroll to keep up to date with UK regulations, accounting requirements and upstream & downstream systems to ensure implementation is optimal.
• Support other functions in the provision of data and reports as requested
• Support the business through effective change management and transition programme.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be determined by Senior Management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Provide support to the Centre of Excellence Management team as required
• Effectively represent the Centre of Excellence operation within the wider Hilton organisation and externally
What are we looking for?
• Experience of managing 2 end to end Oracle UK Payroll related projects (eBusiness Suite and/or Cloud) for organisations with greater than 5,000 employees.
• Experience of leading a team of business, IT and change management professionals.
• Knowledge of UK Statutory and Legislative payroll regulations
• Knowledge of payroll process and practices in the hotels sector
• Experience of working with an external IT services provider
• Payroll business process and operational experience
• Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups to implement payroll systems
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• University degree or experience in lieu
• Recognised Project Management qualification
• Ability to travel as required
• Relevant level of work experience in IT Project Management
• Previous managerial experience
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible