With more than 5,000 hotels in 81 countries, our trusted Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotel brands includes the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. Since our founding 90 years ago, Hilton''s commitment to creating exceptional guest experiences remains unchanged, and our more than 130,000 team members continue to bring the highest quality of service to the world''s visitors.
The aim of the copywriter''s role is to provide a web copywriting service for the Hilton brand websites ensuring that all textual content is written specifically for website customers. Increase online sales by: making use of well marketed text and images compelling to each specific market, and bring the content to life for customers, optimising for natural search and adhering to company and brand guidelines.
**Please note that the closing date for applications is 14th of June 2018**
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Controlling Activities 75%
• Develop online content either by direct copy writing or copy-editing. Deliver copy in appropriate format and brand styles for Hilton brand websites.
• Make full use of marketing skills when copy writing or copy editing ensuring that all text and imagery is targeted specifically for the relevant market making full use of sales techniques
• Publish content within the department SLA and communicate with Hotel Content Manager where delays occur due to system or resource issues.
Data Management & Analysis Activities 10%
• Quality check all content prior to publishing ensuring that text is well placed, balanced on the page and accurate in terms of spelling and grammar, localised using the appropriate units of measurement and currencies and relevancy for the target site. Images should be of the highest quality and relevant to the accompanying text.
• Providing regular reports to Hotel Content Manager on incoming workloads and potential issues so that team workload can be managed effectively.
Planning Activities 15%
• Liaise with individual hotels and areas where necessary to ensure collection of all relevant information relating to new and/or amended content
• Manage incoming requests, passing on to other teams/departments as appropriate while handling copywriting requests in an accurate and timely manner
What are we looking for?
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Superior attention to detail
• Web marketing experience
• Able to manage and prioritise own workloads
• Ability to identify, solve and highlight problems
• Enthusiasm to develop when required
• Excellent communication skills
• Assertive and persuasive when required
• Team player
• Working knowledge of content management systems
• PC literate with excellent Word skills
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and complete work to required standard within agreed deadlines
• Takes initiative when required
• Sees issues in business and financial terms
• Identifies with the company and its future success
• Understands how the role impacts on the company
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Regular reporting on current and incoming workloads to Hotel Content Manager
• Answering queries from individual hotels, area teams or e-Commerce managers regarding copy writing and online content
• Liaising with Web Content Editors / Localisers to ensure accurate and efficient flow of work from initial request through to publication
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• College qualifications in English, Journalism, Communications, Media or Business or equivalent
• Copy writing & web content publishing
• Proof-reading & editing
• Keyword research & search engine tools
• MS applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Education up to BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree or equivalent
• Undergraduate degree with a placement year in English, Journalism, Communications, Media or Business or equivalent
• Working with a leading web or enterprise CMS
• HTML, CSS and code structure
• Social Media Tools & Apps
• SEO Writing and SEM
• Writing/Marketing for the travel industry
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible