The Head of Strategy - Asia will be responsible for the development and execution of APAC organic/inorganic growth strategy and other impactful enterprise-wide strategic initiatives that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. You will work with Senior Leadership and a variety of business units (such as brands, marketing, commercial services, loyalty etc.) and ensure cross-functional alignment with strategic objectives. This role will be based out of Hilton''s Singapore APAC regional HQ and report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy.
What will I be doing?
The Head of Strategy - Asia will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Build and maintain productive relationships with senior leaders across the organization in order to understand their business objectives/strategies and align partnership objectives.
- Lead APAC market strategy efforts, coordinating cross-functional steering committees and evaluating opportunities for growth from a strategic, go-to-market and financial perspective.
- Establish strategic frameworks, business cases, and evaluation criteria in order to assess growth opportunities and build/buy/partner strategies.
- Develop detailed analysis which is incorporated into the business case - including market and company analysis, strategic fit, value proposition, business models, financial forecasting, sensitivity analyses, and deal structuring.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for enterprise partnerships to drive organic/inorganic/JV growth. Establish and foster excellent relationships with important external partners to drive growth objectives.
- Develop a keen understanding of trends and customer insights in the APAC market.
- Provide support to the SVP, Corporate Strategy and conduct special projects, as required.
What are we looking for?
A Head of Strategy - Asia serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Four (4) year college degree.
- MBA from a top-tier business school (advantageous).
- Passionate about the travel and hospitality industry and a good understanding of industry drivers in the APAC region.
- Outstanding performer with at least 10 years overall relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in consulting, investment banking / private equity, or corporate development.
- Ability to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners locally and globally.
- Ability to think strategically, including defining objectives and developing a framework to achieve success.
- Strong financial modeling, valuation, and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence.
- Motivated leader who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with cross functional teams.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects/activities and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven experience in developing relationships, building presence and commanding respect with senior executives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both written and verbally, and with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel as needed.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Bukit Merah, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible