As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will contribute / lead project reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across our global portfolio of business units and hotels. This position will be part of a team primarily responsible for risk-based audits across Hilton''s APAC operations but may also be asked to audit hotels and processes across Hilton''s Europe, Middle-East, and Africa (EMEA) and Americas regions.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Efficient execution of assigned projects included on the department''s risk-based Internal Audit Plan.
- Participate in detail testing of key financial controls in support of the company''s U.S. Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
- Conduct independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Partner with management to develop corrective action plans in response to all Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
- Help refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
- Supervise audit team, including Internal Audit Team Members, guest auditors and Hilton''s co-source service providers.
- Educate and advise property management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements.
- Interact regularly with process owners and senior management.
- Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to describe audit objectives, coverage areas, timing, and protocols for concerns / changes / escalations.
- Coordinate travel plans and logistics for scheduled audits.
- Coordinate quarterly follow-up meetings and document action plan statuses based on discussion with respective management action plan owners.
- Build relationships and work closely with regional leadership to identify and mitigate property and Corporate-level risks.
- Execute various aspects of assigned Internal Audit projects (i.e., planning, fieldwork / testing, work paper preparation, draft reporting, etc.).
- Plan and execute testing related to internal controls over financial reporting and hotel audits.
- Ensure timely project execution and project / work paper closure.
- Staff jobs with internal, co-sourced, or "guest auditor" resources in order to achieve project objectives / coverage.
- Execute Internal Audit projects, internal controls testing, and preparing work papers / reports in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards.
- Participate in various ad hoc projects for Internal Audit leadership and/or regional management.
- Participate in Internal audits of hotels, timeshare, corporate, shared services, and other business areas (as needed).
A Senior Internal Auditor serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) (preferred).
- Experience in internal / external audit or business risk consulting.
- Big 4 public accounting background / experience highly (preferred).
- Hospitality industry experience with a mix of experience from auditing, accounting and / or internal control roles (preferred).
- Highly positive and proficient in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Prior use of advanced data analysis techniques (e.g., ACL, IDEA, Access, advanced Excel) (preferred).
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with superior interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong work ethics with self-accountability for high-quality results.
- Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of challenges and changing circumstances.
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload within strict timelines.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Willingness to travel (predominantly within Asia Pacific region) up to 50% of the time.
- Strong business sense, excellent communication skills, attention to detail and an innate desire to grow professionally are keys to success in this challenging position.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bukit Merah, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible