An Executive Sous Chef is responsible for all food planning, preparation, production, and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities, to meet Hilton''s
standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Sous Chef, your main duties include assisting the Executive Chef to hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
Assist the Executive Chef to Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Assist Executive Chef in estimating annual food budget.
- Dine at local restaurants to observe the latest trends in food presentation/pricing.
- Monitor outlets during peak periods to oversee production flow and presentation.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair or replacement to Property Operations.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings
What are we looking for?
An Executive Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong Executive Sous Chef Experience
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
Required Education, qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts
- Years of experience 3-5
- Strong managerial experience and skills
- Health Department Certificate
- Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and official holidays
- Thinking ability on a Bachelor''s degree level
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting space
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
- Job type
- Oranjestad, Aruba
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible