A Round Cook (Baker) is responsible of baking breads, rolls, breakfast pastries and desserts according to standard recipes. Prepares and bakes all breakfast pastries, breads, rolls and some desserts for restaurants and banquets. Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration. Ensures spoilage and waste are kept to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
What will I be doing?
- Prepares/ produces/ bakes all breakfast pastries, bread, rolls and some dessert for restaurant and banquets.
- Keeps adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of same.
- Keeps spoilage/ waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products. Develop new products for a la carte and catering menus on a rotating basis.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet/ function.
- Set daily pars on all products to ensure freshness.
- Utilize any and all leftovers into usable products.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist kitchen management by performing other culinary duties, as requested.
- Keeps work station neat and orderly - "Clean as you go".
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Adaptability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skill and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Skilled baker
- Knife handling, pastry & baked goods knowledge
What will it be like towork for a Hilton Brand?
Our Team Membersare the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals,we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and tobuild rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton is the leadingglobal hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxuriousfull-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels.For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers thefinest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton isdedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guestexperiences across its 15 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels &Resorts, Waldorf Astoria, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton,Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton,Home2Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, Tapestry Collection by Hilton,and Motto by Hilton. The company also manages the world-class guest reward programHilton Honors®.
At Hilton, our vision"to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unitesus as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the worldevery day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be apart of our team!
Sun, a breeze, whitesands, lush palm trees - welcome to your tropical getaway at Hilton ArubaCaribbean Resort & Casino. Bliss out at the beachfront spa, sip a daiquiriby two sparkling pools, and dine under the stars. Play the tables at thecasino, or learn to scuba dive. Whether you''re here for a wedding orfamily vacation, our amenities and resort activities ensure it''s amemorable stay.
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting spaces
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service Eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
- Job type
- Oranjestad, Aruba
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible