Primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: walking freezers, ice machines, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning, electric motors, intake and exhaust fans.
What will I be doing?
- Maintains rooms in optimal condition by performing repairs as needed.
- Understands the refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands the electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring diagrams.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
- Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Helps with repairing all heating/ventilating/air-conditioning systems.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Works with other departments as needed on all maintenance issues.
- Follows all safety procedure and policies of the hotel.
- Report any hazards in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct.
- Maintains problem log book to record the equipment in need of repair and prioritizes efforts accordingly.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
- Reports major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Secondary Vocational Education (EPI) or equivalent required.
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting space
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Oranjestad, Aruba
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible