A Sales Manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will I be doing?
As Sales Manager, you will be focusing on the Group meeting and Events segment. You will develop and solicit new business while maintaining relationships with current accounts for the 5 Hilton New Zealand properties. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop both existing and new customer accounts to drive business into the hotels and increase market/customer share.
- Target Group Meetings and Events business to achieve hotel budgets.
- Work with Director of Sales and Directors of Business Development to establish and implement the specific sales strategies, recognising any potential opportunities.
- Maintain a regular sale''s call pattern (both face to face and telesales), conduct site inspections and entertain clients as required
- Understand current corporate market conditions and competitor set in each city
- Attend Trade Events and Networking functions as required.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Director of Sales and senior management - including the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local Tourism organisations to draw awareness and ensure hotel is being represented in an accurate and effective way.
- Maintain accurate client account information at all times.
- Answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner.
What are we looking for?
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 3 years'' sales experience within the New Zealand Hotel or Travel industry, preferably in the corporate or events arena.
- Have an established network of contacts.
- Be Self-motivated, multitasking and proactive. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Pleasant personality with excellent selling, negotiating, decision-making and presentation skills.
- Well-groomed with a positive attitude; passionate about the job and focused on providing high quality results.
- Excellent command of English language
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to travel within New Zealand and overseas.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible