We are currently looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing for the Hilton Baltimore who will lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing Plans and initiatives for the hotel that maximizes profitability for the hotel in order to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets Sales and Marketing
The Hilton Baltimore is only 15 minutes from Baltimore Washington International Airport and located in the Inner Harbor district, a prime business and cultural area in Baltimore, Maryland. The hotel is a premier meeting and convention hotel, directly connected to the Baltimore Convention Center and next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The hotel offers 757 contemporary accommodations and 60,000 square feet of flexible function space with spectacular pre-function space over looking Oriole Park.
Awards and accolades:
CVent Top 100 Meetings Hotels 2013 & 2014
Hilton Connie Award 2008
Genius Award 2012 & 2013
Best of the East Award 2013, 2014
Director of Revenue of the Year Award 2013
Director of Events of the Year Award 2013
Director of Catering of the Year Award 2011
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide''s ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''s reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Sales and Marketing who will lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing Plans and initiatives for the hotel that maximizes profitability for the hotel in order to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets Sales and Marketing.
• Directs the hotels in the development, implementation and achievement of their annual business and market plan objectives.
• Provides leadership, guidance and assistance relating to the execution of marketing and sales functions, policies and standards as established by the Corporation. Attends executive meetings at each property. Balances time effectively between hotels as needed.
• Capitalizes on Hilton Hotels Corporation marketing, sales programs and resources.
• Actively participates in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client and other relevant industry events.
• Responsible for recruiting and identifying candidates for sales managerial positions.
• Administer the staffing, training and performance reviews for the Sales Department. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Hilton''s standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement. Oversees the management, training and career development of sales staff
• Directs coordination of cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other hotel/brand synergies to maximize exposure and profitability including agency contact, media planning and hotel communications.
• Directs the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while providing strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales of the property.
• Develops and implements strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase the hotel''s share in transient market.
• Directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales and Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, Delphi Reports, Sales Meetings and Marketing Meeting Minutes.
• Directs the coordination of ongoing research of the travel industry local and national market to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
• Directs the efforts to improve potential from various existing and new markets
• Prepares and delivers presentations to owners, general managers and other stakeholders that provide insight to performance, strategic plans and tactical execution.
• Provides strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include; rate development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
• Oversees and maximizes revenue contribution from major distribution channels. (HRW, CRO, GDS, Internet)
• Ensures effective utilization of Profit Pack and other utilized Selective Selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments. Oversees the management, training and career development of sales staff
• Within the framework of the local competitive marketplace, recommends appropriate sales compensation.
• Active participation in continuing education to ensure further professional development.
• Assures effective utilization and adherence to standards relating to current systems in place at the hotel.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
Living the Values
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide''s Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
- Job type
- Baltimore, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration