Conference & Events Coordinator - Barcelona
About the job
About us 👇 :
Opened as the chain´s flagship hotel in Barcelona, Hilton Barcelona has become a newly-design hotel for a full experience in Barcelona. Explore the city at your leisure from this conveniently located hotel, just 10 minutes from the city centre and a fantastic base to discover all the main attractions. 289 contemporary and fresh Rooms and Suites, with a unique decoration, inspired by famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi and outfitted with the finest amenities. Enhance your stay and upgrade to an Executive room or Suite, with preferential access to the Executive Lounge, a wide assortment of services and experiences. Unwind at The Vibe Bar, a unique meeting point for after work where new trends and elegance mixes to become a different and innovative spot. Mosaic Restaurant stands up for its first quality cuisine based in proximity products (Local fresh market products), and by keeping the authentic and traditional Mediterranean recipes.
Hilton Barcelona is also an ideal venue for a meeting or social gathering. With 1,800 sqm. and 7 flexible rooms, this hotel can accommodate events of all types. Maximum capacity up to 580 delegates, High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) available and on site AV Company to cover immediate business needs.
To drive hotel revenue securing and increasing the productivity of existing accounts. Develop the necessary market segments by executing strategies agreed by the GC&E Manager and the Director of Sales.
Planning and Organising:
• Follows the necessary procedures in terms of lead qualification, quotation and negotiation.
• Preparation of the contracts and other contractual terms for the groups and events from the different segments.
• Contributes to the development of GC&E in order to achieve the proposed targets.
Groups & Events Management:
• Accurately makes uses of the tools provided and uses these to secure business
• Develop customer accounts within key clients to increase market share and assure repeat business.
• Negotiate room rates with clients. Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
• Keeps Hotel information relating to customer requirements, interests and market activities up to date using Hilton procedures
• Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration
• Liaises with Director of Sales to review the effectiveness of sales activities
• Contributes ideas to improve the products and services offered
• Keep CRM constantly up to date with account and opportunity information
• Compliant with all systems, procedures and Sales best practice as laid down by Hilton Worldwide.
• Ensure that all activities are in compliance with national laws and regulations, and Hilton Worldwide’s operating policies, processes and systems.
General other responsibilities:
• Be a ‘Brand Ambassador’ of Hilton Worldwide by leading by example
• Attend all relevant training and development activities as required
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Flexible attitude
• Previous experience of driving Sales to achieve business targets
• Previous experience of being an integral member of a business leadership team
University degree (Business or Hospitality Management is preferred) or equivalent or experience in lieu.
Previous experience within Hotel Industry
Experience of managing and using Hilton systems.
- The offer 📃 : 30 vacation days Internal and external development and training opportunities Staff discounts for overnight stays and gastronomic services worldwide ⌚️Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.
- Department: Event
Enjoy the convenient location in the heart of Barcelona’s financial district at the Hilton Barcelona hotel. Travel to the hotel by car from Barcelona International Airport in just 15 minutes and from Sants Train Station in five. Walk for just five minutes to reach the Maria Cristina underground station or take a bus from in front of the hotel. Both options provide easy access to explore the many attractions of Barcelona and the city center.
Settle in to a contemporary guest room with city views and amenities for work and relaxation including WiFi, a work desk and 32-inch plasma TV. Choose the Executive Room with a separate working area and exclusive access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast and refreshments, or select a fantastic suite for your comfortable accommodations.
Stay connected with WiFi access in all public areas or visit the business center for an array of supportive and useful professional services including printing, faxing, photocopying and express mail. Host events and meetings in Barcelona, taking advantage of the 17 meeting rooms, professional expertise of the events team, and A/V equipment available for hire.
Wind down after a busy day with a workout in the 24-hour fully equipped fitness center, or gather with friends and colleagues for a cocktail and tapas at The Vibe Bar and Terrace. Savour Mediterranean cuisine paired with the perfect glass of wine in Mosaic Restaurant. In the summer months enjoy the sunshine on one of two