An Executive Chef with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while seeking customer feedback, training staff, controlling costs, and covering all business needs.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow''s savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it''s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
An Executive Chef with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while seeking customer feedback, training staff, controlling costs and covering all business needs. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions;
- Actively seek verbal feedback from guests on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs;
- Manage the provision of food to F&B outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation;
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets;
- Ensure that team members have an up to date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events;
- Maintain good communication and relationships in all hotel areas;
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demand;
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated;
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation;
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner;
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives;
- Manage food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target in a pro-active way;
- Regular review of all menus with F&B Manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends;
- Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target;
- Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation.
What are we looking for?
An Executive Chef serving Hilton Hotels & Resorts is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Culinary School graduate.
- Two years experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent.
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the House payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Sector 1, București, Romania
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible