A Catering Manager is responsible for soliciting and responding to companies and organizations to purchase food and beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Coordinates the prompt, courteous and efficient delivery of those products to satisfy the customer''s service needs and to maximize the hotel''s profits.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Manager, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manages customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution
- Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with vendors
- Provides support to Sr. Catering Managers and Director of Catering in planning and on site execution of large events
- Assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lbs
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report
What are we looking for?
A Catering Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chengdu, China
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible