Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As an Analyst in Accounts Payable (AP), you will support your team Manager with maintaining approval and receipt activities. Your role will also include supporting AP projects (PeopleSoft upgrade, special handling items, handling electronic interfaces) and managing Center of Excellence (COE) review of AP items from the outsourcing provider for all hotel and corporate operations.
More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled and reviewed
- Assist the manager as the Accounts Payable liaison to hotel operations finance teams and other corporate departments
- Administer placing of vendor orders
- Run the physical check registers printing process
- Select payments manually based upon cash-on-hand for hotels on AP holds
- Resolve exceptions and inquiries requiring additional review from the outsourcing provider
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
- Build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments they support
- Collaborate with the manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project/department goals
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - including the use of logic and reasoning - to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Interpersonal communicators who will positively influence Hilton''s partners with excellent written and comprehension skills
- Self-starters who take initiative, are comfortable operating with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handling concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities
- Fast learners who are eager to expand their knowledge of new programs
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- One to three (1-3) years of professional work experience
- Prior experience working with Accounts Payable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Four to five (4-5) years of professional work experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible