Our Corporate Strategy team supports high-impact projects across all aspects of the business. The team drives strategic insight through customer research, customer experience analysis and thought leadership. Hilton Strategy partners with leaders across Hilton to improve operational performance, understand competitive positioning, develop new product innovation, and implement growth strategies.
As a Customer Insights Analyst in a dedicated division of Customer Insights subject matter experts within the Corporate Strategy Department, you will lean on your real passion for research and analytics to extract, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data from primary and secondary/syndicated data files. You will also build presentations of results with insights. In addition, you will apply your expertise and tap into your creative side to craft our consumer research questionnaire and discussion guide design, online questionnaire programming, and to participate in ad hoc project management, including quantitative and qualitative research project design, management, and implementation.
What will I be doing?
We will also depend on you to:
- Analyze primary/secondary data sources and extract and communicate salient research findings from qualitative and quantitative research, including online guest community research projects
- Assist with the oversight of research sampling, including sample design, structure of sample requests, verify sample is representative of population, management of vendors'' use of sample, and processing of respondent incentives
- Assist with and/or conduct the collection, cleaning, and preparation of primary/secondary data for analysis
- Be responsible for proper setup and use of stimuli in research applications by following established research protocol
- Craft and modify consumer research questionnaires, implementing established survey design methodology with a focus on a positive and engaging respondent experience
- Complete ad hoc and tracking study research projects as requested by management, utilizing information in primary and secondary/syndicated databases
- Build reports and conduct quality assurance evaluation of reports
- Provide support on custom and tracking research projects including vendor bid process, selection management and communication and client management/communication
In addition to the essential functions above, you may also:
- Assist in preparing analysis and research of other internal data, syndicated data, and consumer trends reporting
- Train team members on software programs (e.g., SPSS, WinCross, online guest community platform) and on annual ad hoc study and tracking study methodologies, structure, processes, support services, and rules
- Any and all other job duties as assigned that may positively impact our team
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- One (1) year of experience in analytical roles or market research
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SPSS, Internet, and current research software packages
- Travel domestically by plane on occasion (minimum of three days'' travel per calendar quarter)
- Experience with research methodologies such as descriptive quantitative questionnaires for online completion, and/or qualitative approaches such as focus groups and in-depth interviews
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree in Social Science, Market Research or related field
- Two (2) years of Market Research experience
- Hospitality research experience
- Working knowledge of internal measurement systems (i.e., SALT, Smith Travel Research), and ability to retrieve, evaluate, and interpret performance trends and implications from these systems
- Familiarity with competitive lodging industry attributes
- High proficiency with Wincross or other cross tabulation software
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible