From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
As a Learning Specialist, you will support the Senior Director of Training and Change Management. You will coordinate and contribute actively to knowledge management, learning, and collaboration activities across the Technology Organization. Primary responsibilities will include handling all of the logistics and administrative tasks necessary to ensure instructor-led and on-line training programs run successfully, including LMS administration.
What will I be doing?
You will also be responsible for event planning and the execution of logistics for all instructor-led programs, as well as for providing support for Virtual Instructor Led Training as needed. Additionally, you will meet with content owners to keep the Technology Solutions Lobby page up-to-date, and identify and implement improvements to the quality of content on the Lobby and in Technology training. You will also provide support in creating and maintaining training materials, and online content and reporting.
More specifically, you will be:
- Responsible for all tasks related to the coordination and support of instructor-led training and virtual instructor-led programs, this will include a high degree of customer service and communication with participants, facilitators, and client partners
- Develop proficiency with our Learning Management System – HU, in order to use the system to effectively enable a seamless experience for all instructor-led training programs, including crafting new course offerings while handling training dates, rosters, and running reports
- Maintain a relationship and collaborate with the Learning Innovations and Corporate Functions teams
- Maintain all the materials associated with any course (which may include laptops)
- May, in some cases, facilitate programs, such as Orientation or Virtual Classroom Sessions, and will be given the opportunity to develop their presentation and delivery skills
- Build and maintain training materials, to include PowerPoint presentations, supporting graphics, recording content and demos, and delivering training videos
- Find opportunities for automation and process improvement
- Run the SharePoint team site, building new pages, lists, and libraries, as well as maintaining site permissions, and crafting and uploading new content
- Collaborate with content owners across Technology Solutions to identify trends or key group interests and to provide advice on SharePoint content
- Provide support as required to other special projects and ad-hoc requests from the Senior Director of Training and Change Management
- Be the point of contact for new and terminated software license requests, providing access, managing users, and reporting
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Degree/GED
- Three (3) years of related experience
- Instructor-led curriculum administrative support experience
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and developing communications and training materials
- Multiple levels of Management support experience on projects
- Proficiency with the following systems and tools:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Authoring tools (Camtasia, Captivate, Articulate)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Experience delivering instructor-led curriculum
- Experience with the Hospitality Industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible