Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property''s supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what''s important – the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers – ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
In the Buyer Replenishment position, you will contribute to the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of purchasing functions for all products within the specified module or region for Hilton Supply Management (HSM). You will also ensure that the established level of quality products are purchased at the best possible price while adhering to Hilton standards and operating procedures. Your work will primarily include handling existing purchase orders to ensure completeness and accuracy. You will place orders with the appropriate supplier using the PeopleSoft purchasing program while also researching product availability, pricing, specifications and product usage requirements or recommendations. Across efforts, you will communicate this information to all HSM managers and colleagues on the Brand Product Management team as well as with Brand teams as required.
- Provide Accounts Payable with the necessary information to ensure billing accuracy and payment reconciliation to the suppliers
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable to ensure accuracy of invoicing to the hotel properties
- Manage conflict resolutions and handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner. This includes assisting the Credit Office to establish new property accounts as needed
- Ensure that active purchase orders are complete and accurate at all times. This includes ensuring orders reflect the latest requirements and terms and conditions in compliance with company-supplier agreements and with all governing regulations
- Work with Diversity on establishing Women/ Minority Business Enterprise (W/MBE) where appropriate. Identify and screen W/MBE suppliers and manufacturers using a questionnaire and Request for Information (RFI). You will include W/MBE suppliers and manufacturers in the RFQ''s and RFP''s process
- Work with strategic sourcing managers and brand managers regarding product specifications and standards. You will maintain accurate specifications by hotel brand
- Maintain confidential supplier files and databases including order logs, requisitions, purchase orders, pricing, certificate of product liability insurance and general supplier information
- Perform the duties of a salesperson for the hotels and provide technical knowledge regarding products within your scope of responsibility
- Establish case per order in Salesforce and properly document all interactions between the team and the customer. This includes documenting order acknowledgement, property follow up and phases throughout the order process
- Provide quotes and orders as well as analyzing quote to order ratio
- Provide basic and technical knowledge of hospitality products within your specified module to hotel staff
- Assist the hotels in understanding product needs and assist in the determination of product usage and specifications, along with seeking new, alternate or better products
- Assist in the coordination of products and information in regards to Brand Standards
- Cross train to support the Service Desk during high-demand periods
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries who are passionate about purchasing and who love the chance to create product improvements through smart budgeting. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Reliability while maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Adherence to Hilton Supply Management Service Commitment and Standards
- Complete discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus three (3) years of Procurement or Supply Management experience
- One (1) year of Procurement or Supply Management experience and/or client facing experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Three (3) years of Procurement or Supply Management experience
- CPM or CPSM certification or willingness to attain certifications during the course of employment
- In-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry or related industry
- Understanding of and exposure to eProcurement or related systems and/or software
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible