The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 14 industry leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, lead our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
As the Design Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands, you will support the Senior Director Design, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands who oversees the Waldorf Astoria and Conrad Brands and the Senior Vice President, Global Design Services (GDS) with strategic portfolio growth initiatives among Hilton''s developing Lifestyle Brands, Canopy and ""UAB"", including refinement of design within these portfolios of properties. In this role, you will support GDS Luxury & Lifestyle (L&L) colleagues and collaborate with Brand, Development and Technical Services Teams on specific projects, and craft and maintain GDS Design Initiatives, Brand Narratives and Design & Construction Standards. You will be responsible for North American Region (USA and Canada) project evaluations that are critical for design, brand and technical reviews to achieve GDS approvals for conversion, renovation and new construction projects. As the Design Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands, you will will work proactively and collaboratively with both internal and third party business partners such as owners, design consultants, and developers to promote our benefited approach relative to planning and operational efficiencies. In this role, you will provide strategic recommendations to improve the inherent value of the hotel asset through elevated design, being mindful of budget and schedule. These objectives should be seen as part of ongoing training for continued professional development.
What will I be doing?
Project Evaluations –
- Assisting with program, planning and design review due diligence initiatives, providing mentorship to our key partners, including internal brand and development teams, third party owners, architects and design consultants
- All project evaluations shall optimize the quality of the guests'' experience and overall performance of the property. Projects will encompass site and desktop evaluations for conversions, renovations and new ground up construction.
Document Review and Process Management –
- Independently reviewing Furniture, Fixtures and Equpment (FF&E) and GC drawing and/or specification submittals for compliance with GDS and brand standards
- Composing written recommendation and approval documents for internal and external publication
- Assisting with providing mentorship to the consultants of both managed and franchised hotel owners and hotel General Managers (GM''s) through the process of online project registration, design submittals (both electronic and physical), issuance of design review documents, design resubmittals and eventual issuance of a formal design approval letter
Project and Document Tracking –
- Receiving digital and hard copy submittals and executing the process of accurate log maintenance, design review, safe record storage on or off site, and potential return to consultants and owners
- Dedicatedly tracking active projects to insure we are ahead of the curve, monitoring the progress of various design projects
- Assisting in the communications and follow-up with Brand Management teams to resolve outstanding issues
GDS Direct Support –
- Contributing to the evolution and maintenance of the L&L brand narratives, D&C standards, key brand attributes, specific design initiatives, communication tools and website
- Collaboratively evaluating and making recommendations for GDS effectiveness and efficiencies
- Maintaining the design website in coordination with the external webhost company, including the evaluation of functionality, effectiveness and user-friendly interface
- Helping to develop content materials and tools for ongoing site improvement
Presentation Assistance –
- Helping with presentation preparations intended for senior executives and outside constituencies
Supportive Functions –
- Industry Knowledge – Striving to be knowledgeable of our industry and current regarding design trends and products relative to L&L growth, as a basis to maintain creative design criteria
- Competitive Market – Making a concerted effort to tour recently completed Hilton and non-Hilton Lifestyle and Luxury properties, both locally and as travel warrants
- Professional Development – Attending professional and community events to represent Hilton
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Three (3) years of experience within the Hospitality Design Industry, specifically within the Luxury and Lifestyle sector
- Experience and detailed knowledge with Luxury hospitality interior design FF&E technical specification writing and evaluations
- Experience working with Adobe Suite, including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Occasional travel as required
- Strong project management skills
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design industry
- Proficient at communicating graphically by developing diagrams and loose hand sketches
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master''s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Five (5) years of experience within the Hospitality Design Industry, specifically within the Luxury and Lifestyle sector
- Experience within the Hospitality Design Industry, which includes hotel, corporate and/or owner positions
- Familiarity with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
- Experience working with Bluebeam
- Current Licensed Architect
- Current Registered Interior Designer
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible