Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Design Specialist, you will provide highly creative interior design expertise to designated Hilton Brands, Franchisees and portfolio teams within the Focused Service Brand category at Hilton. Under the direction of the Director, you will help Hilton''s Focused Service brands command the position of most design forward and innovative in comparison to our competitors, while assisting in maintaining clear and established brand identities for the Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Home2, and Tru.
- Assist in guiding third party design consultant design efforts.
- Review interior design submittals for consistency on all in-house projects for consistency in Brand standards, innovation, alignment with established brand strategies, and execution of new design initiatives.
- Partner with Hilton preferred vendors and manufacturers in the development of materials, fabrics, furnishings, and custom design elements for each Focused Service brand.
- Review shop drawings and millwork drawings for quality and accuracy.
- Maintain a deep understanding of current Hilton Brand standards and assist in development of new Standards continually refining and improving our products.
- Work collaboratively with Hilton''s internal teams, Customer Experience and Innovation (CE&I), Global Shared Technical Services (GSTS), and Hilton Supply Management teams.
- Attend trade shows and manufacturing plants representing Hilton.
- Attend mock-up reviews, site installations, and furniture reviews, for the purpose of providing clear and accurate records and reporting.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries who are passionate about design and who love the chance to create transformations through their projects. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Passionately creative, forward thinking and having a constant finger on the pulse of current design trends, innovative products, and the latest technology
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and strong visual memory
- Extraordinary design abilities working with color, pattern, scale, proportion, and material coordination
- Strong background in hospitality design projects and advanced space-planning abilities
- Ability to clearly articulate complicated design direction to internal and external partners
- Ability to read design drawings and shop drawings, and visualize the three-dimensional result
- Self-starters with a positive attitude who can take initiative in implementing project goals, utilizes analytical skills, and possesses adaptability to change
- Strong hand sketching skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree or Certificate in Interior Design, Fine Arts or Architecture
- Five (5) years of experience in interior design roles
- Three (3) years of Hospitality design work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; specifically PowerPoint
- Proficient in AutoCAD or Bluebeam
- Travel 25% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Seven (7) years of related work experience
- Five (5) years'' experience in the hospitality or construction industry
- Background in Project Management
- Graphic design skills using Photoshop and AutoCAD
- Sketch-Up or a 3D Rendering program
- NCIDQ certification
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible