Our Global Revenue Management team is responsible for predicting consumer demand and optimizing hotel inventory and price availability. The ultimate goal of our team is to maximize our company''s revenue growth by selling the right products to the right customer at the right time for the right price.
What will I be doing?
As the Development Analyst, Revenue Management Support, you will analyze and support the revenue management and distribution aspects of business initiatives. You will responsible for the active facilitation in maximizing hotel revenues, supporting development efforts, supporting teams'' systems and processes, and training on systems and technical changes. Your analytical skills will lend to your effective evaluation of the quality of all major functions performed by the teams. Based on your findings, you will implement corrective action to produce improvements when necessary.
- Create technical documentation for new and existing developments.
- Implement software solutions that include but are not limited to web pages, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access and Visual Studio.NET.
- Migrate software between environments that include development, testing and production.
- Investigate existing system functionality to document and identify issues.
- Collect and document business requirements with consensus among end users.
- Design test plans that ensure our developments are deployed bug free.
- Facilitate testing among multiple testers from this, and other, departments.
- Compile all test results and actively communicate with other developers to ensure issues are resolved post deployment.
- Troubleshoot and document issues, and advance as appropriate.
- Provide technical oversight in the absence of the Manager and for implementation of new systems and/or business processes.
- Provide appropriate training for any new systems or technical changes.
- Collaborate with other Corporate teams on special project and program requests that impact the Central Reservations System (CRS), Global Distribution System (GDS), and Online Travel Agent (OTA) distribution channels.
- Coordinate with other internal teams to craft strategies and achieve breakthroughs that support the wider Commercial Services objectives.
- Build and maintain internal and external training and technical documentation for all team-facing and hotel-facing processes.
- Identify and implement efficiencies using automation or streamlining tactics. Efforts to improve efficiency should always aim to save time and money or to generate additional revenue.
- Collect, document, and build test plans to the specification of business requirements, ensuring that projects and efficiencies are deployed bug-free.
- Manage testing among users, compile all test results, and support bi-directional communication at each stage to ensure all issues are resolved post-deployment.
- Partner with external vendors to document bugs and improvement requests while following project management methodologies to resolve.
- Cultivate Personal Development Plans and actively participate in opportunities to learn offered by the team or department.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing market share in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their business insight with innovative technology. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates who build positive relationships and trust
- Creative thinkers who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, competitive pricing, and new product offerings
- Multi-taskers who manage multiple projects and priorities with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively executing concurrent demands
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton''s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals who effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years'' work experience in the travel industry, distribution systems, project management, or technical development roles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Project SQL, VB.NET, and/or VBA
- Technical/Vendor-specific courses or certifications
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Toronto, Canada
- Starting in
- As soon as possible