The Customer Experience & Innovation, Full Service Brands, creates meaningful, enriching value for our hotel guests through novel, inventive guest experiences and delivers untouchable scale and commercial value for hotel owners, while uniquely defining each brand. As we move to become an even stronger customer-led organization, Hilton is building out teams that embody a product mindset and bring new perspective to the business of hospitality.
What will I be doing?
Customer Experience & Innovation, Full Service Brands Team is looking to build an even stronger customer-centric, agile, and quick-paced team to define the customer experience at various point in the Guest Journey (Payments, Meetings, Booking, In-Room, etc). The Team is seeking someone with in-depth experience in vertical product development (ie consumer goods model), employing Agile Methodologies and conducting behavioral research to problem solve. The candidate should feel equipped to help shape the Team''s process around ideation, development, iterating, and commercializing products, which involve both a physical and experiential component.
Working from Hilton''s headquarter offices in McLean, Virginia, this individual will support both enterprise-wide innovations, as well as Full Service Category or Brand Specific products that create a differentiated guest experience. This role requires the Product Manager to work hand-in-hand with each teammate to build these solutions for which each brand will be known. This individual will document and control the processes, communication and alignment around innovation protocol while managing the function of the innovation test locations to expedite and iterate on the product development process.
In order to ensure drive the product vertical, the position must liaise amongst internal SME groups which include but are not limited to: Technology, Digital, Hilton Supply Management (HSM), Operations (all regions), Hilton Honors, Marketing, and Commercial Services.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Owning product vertical to define and execute against the product''s lifecycle, and delivering solutions and value to our customers in real time and adapting to change quickly
- Leading the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives; assist with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint or appropriate Kanban cycle; write detailed user stories with acceptance criteria, and accept or reject stories once completed by the team
- Making critical assessments of MVP and swiftly driving the iterative process to a commercial product; convey the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release; inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint or release boundary and has complete authority to accept or reject work done; communicate status externally
- Working with Product Owner to solicit input from stakeholders to continue to groom the Product Backlog, and maintaining with accurate and precise attention to detail and prioritizing based on business value or ROI; create and maintain timelines and calendars for all projects and actions required, and ensure the team is on track to meet deadlines and milestones
- Building exceptional product solutions based on customer needs, derived from observational research of customer driven data and insights; represent the customer, as well as interface and engage the customer
- Building strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Playing an active role in keeping team abreast of industry or cross-industry solutions
- Delivering Product Plans with significant detail to keep all parties on track and with clear understanding of product status
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Three (3) years in Product Development, Product Manager, or Product Innovation
- Three (3) years in Consumer Goods product development models or in-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Previous Product Management experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor''s (BA or BS) in business, hospitality, computer science, or related field; Master''s preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of management experience
- Two (2) years previous experience as a product owner, business analyst, or in a related field
- Certification for Pragmatic Marketing or Product Ownership preferred
- Business Agility Certification
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible