Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, PIP Project Management - Architecture, Design & Construction, you will provide project management for hotel renovations within the Full Service Brands that are required by a Change of Ownership or Re-License Product Improvement Plan (PIP). You will be responsible for providing technical guidance and mentorship, carrying out construction and design standards, monitoring renovation construction activities, and achieving compliance with the PIP scope and deadlines. This includes reviewing architectural and engineering documents, reviewing renovation progress through photographs, video, and other audiovisual means, and conducting on site construction inspections. You will collaborate and work closely with other Hilton functions, including Global Design Services, Engineering Support, Food & Beverage Team, Spa and Fitness Team, Brand Opening Team, Brand Performance Support, and Quality Assurance.
- You will initiate pre-design and kickoff meetings with franchisee, external partners, and other Hilton team members for each project to explain the role of AD&C, prototype and standard drawings and reinforce the PIP scope and timelines
- You will actively review detailed architectural plans, specifications, construction submittals and shop drawings ensuring compliance with Hilton standards. You will work to immediately address concerns to franchisee outlining issues that are non-compliant while also offering creative and thoughtful solutions. As part of the role, you will conduct and participate in meetings, conference calls, and webinars as needed to explain Hilton requirements to franchisee and other external partners
- During renovations, you will monitor and review progress via technology (photographs, video or other audio visual means, e.g. Facetime). When needed, you will travel to visit the project site during renovation to ensure compliance with approved plans and submittals and address any concerns immediately
- You will continually update project data in Hilton''s tracking system by providing accurate forecasted renovation start and completion dates
- Review and propose revisions to standards and prototype drawings
- Work to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Three (3) years of design/construction/renovation experience in development/construction/renovation projects including the reading and interpretation of construction documents/plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor''s or Master''s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction, Engineering, or related field
- Seven (7) years of design and construction/renovation experience in development, construction, renovation projects and the ability to interpret and read of construction plans and documents
- Four (4) years of managerial or supervisory experience
- Previous experience with hospitality development/construction/renovation projects
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible