Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton''s corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
As the Director, Portfolio Communications, you will oversee consumer communications and public relations strategies for the Hilton enterprise brand to increase awareness, visibility, and engagement by driving stronger linkage between the Hilton brand and our diverse portfolio of brands. In this role, you will showcase a strong focus on content-driven storytelling, strengthening high-quality news media and social influencer relationships as well as internal and inter-company strategic partnerships. You will lead consumer public relations initiatives that differentiate Hilton as a leader in innovation, best-in-class hospitality, corporate responsibility and loyalty through a consumer-facing lens supporting marketing initiatives and financial goals.
What will I be doing?
- Developing fully integrated PR plans and campaigns, leading and mentoring a team that includes team member and PR agency activity (including award entries)
- Serving as executive lead for team and agency work driving content and distribution
- Collaborating with Marketing and Corporate Affairs as well as owner relations teams across brands and regions to ensure alignment of messaging and marketing activities
- Building PR events and industry conference content
- Developing and staffing senior executive speaking engagements/thought leadership opportunities and will assist with media training
- Budget management
- You will lead processes, content and activities to improve communications to support Portfolio-wide initiatives
- You will set direction for communications strategy for Portfolio communications, including oversight of the Hilton Online Newsroom (Hilton''s mechanism for inserting Hilton''s brands into news stories) in close collaboration with brand and regional communications leads. You will continually reassess process and direction based on changing media landscape/company priorities
- You will build and strengthen relationships with influential consumer and trade media and secure high-quality coverage
- Develop strategy for consumer-focused innovation storytelling in partnership with Digital Product Innovation team. You will collaborate with executives and Corporate Communications on a consistent cadence of ownable media and speaking opportunities
- Prepare executives for media interviews, conferences, receptions, etc. including reporter backgrounders, Q&A; and day-to-day communications counsel for internal partners
- Effectively supervise and provide mentorship to Manager tasked with shifting perception of Hilton in earned media and among key influencers to better support company goals
- Develop and execute media strategies to support other key portfolio-wide offerings such as resorts
- Lead agency relationships and efficiencies to ensure that objectives and measurable results are clearly communicated and delivered
- Ensure regular communication among regional communications counterparts and destination marketing to ensure global and market-specific alignment
- Provide sound counsel to internal partners related to potential risks and crises
- Lead annual planning process for all related work streams
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent writing skills and news discernment as demonstrated by clips as well as completion of an in-house writing exam
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Eight (8) years of experience in public relations, journalism, communications or integrated marketing roles. Including experience in leading agency partners, internal teams, projects and reputation management
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience
- 25% Travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree in public relations, communications or marketing
- Ten (10) years of experience in public relations, journalism, communications or integrated marketing roles. Including experience in leading agency partners, internal teams, projects and reputation management
- Three (3) years of experience within the hospitality industry
- Newsroom experience
- Fluent in Spanish
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible