Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton''s performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton''s Customer, Marketing, Digital, and Revenue and Sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter authorities (like this role), who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical guides, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and to effectively measure and drive company performance.
The Director, Revenue Analytics Americas will drive key projects and initiatives for the organization''s revenue and pricing functions, covering the Americas region and global projects. This role collaborates closely with the operational leaders to generate and deliver meaningful and impactful analysis and insights directly supporting business needs. Key area of oversight includes, but not limited to market share, forecast, distribution, pricing and product analysis.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership to the revenue, forecast and pricing teams in developing, designing, evaluating analytical approaches and insights.
- Serve as analytics lead/point of contact for key revenue management and commercial services projects.
- Collaborate with business partners in prioritizing needs and defining requirements.
- Develop and deploy intermediate to advanced analytic methodologies generating actionable insights and recommendations.
- Lead recurring executive revenue management reporting, including but not limited to quarterly key performance indicators and CEO quarterly business review.
- Support commercial action plans to maximize financial and operational performance.
- Optimize demand management platform to ensure team resources are properly allocated for delivering on projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Utilize the broader data and analytics team to deliver on signature projects, pass-off of requirements and act as key authority.
- Support changes to Revenue specific reporting, metrics, data, and policies that impact business as usual for customers.
- Provide inputs to value measurement process to ensure business results are achieved.
- Develop, train and mentor the revenue analytics team.
- Promoting the adoption of an analytical mindset and approach.
- Lead a team of approximately four (4) direct reports, including managers and senior leaders.
- Oversee market share, forecast, distribution, pricing and product analysis.
What are we looking for?
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years of experience in revenue management function
- Two (2) years of experience in quantitative analysis and storytelling
- Two (2) years of experience leading multi-functional teams, and managing large projects
- Two (2) years of experience in advanced analytics and methodologies, statistical modeling methodologies to inform market strategy and decision-making
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Masters'' Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science or a related field
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years functional experience in Hotel Revenue Management
- Experience in developing, maintaining and improving effectiveness of transactional and analytical decision processes
- Experience in advanced analytic techniques, particularly R or Python
- Expertise with BI and data tools (including SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, Qlik, etc.)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration