Hilton is creating a best-in-class Data and Analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data and analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton''s performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics Team serve as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton''s customer, marketing, digital revenue and sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter experts, who serve as strategic advisors to key partners, and more technical authorities, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and Microstrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and more effectively measure and drive company performance.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Revenue and Sales Analytics, you will be responsible for leading a team of dedicated Sales Analysts, providing support by prioritizing and driving complex ad hoc analytical opportunities while you partner closely with key leaders in the business.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the analytics support team aligned to Sales, handling Level 3 analysis requests, How did it Happen, Why did it Happen, What will Happen
- Ensure analytics resources are properly allocated to service open projects and requests
- Identify and prioritize ad-hoc reports that should be repeated and automated
- Support changes to Sales specific reporting, metrics, data, and policies that impact business as usual for the customers
- Partner with Sales leaders to understand business problems and identifying insights using intermediate to advanced analytic techniques such as scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Assemble business requirements and collaborate with Data & Reporting Services leadership on pass-off of requirements for execution
- Support action plans to maximize financial and operational performance
- Collaborate with other Analytics Managers to support ad-hoc analysis
- Provide inputs to value measurement process to ensure business results are achieved
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about hospitality and who love the chance to create extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Sales or related fields in analytical roles leading reporting and advanced analytics, using analytic tools, benchmarking and competitive analyses, and business scenario modeling
- Three (3) years of experience coaching business users, as well as interpreting and telling the data story using BI tools
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Eight (8) years of professional experience
- Three (3) years of leading a team of direct reports
- Ability to engage audiences
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract