***This position can be based at our Dallas, TX (preferred) or McLean, VA Corporate Location***
The Director of Search Engine Marketing will report to the Senior Director of Digital Acquisition and will be accountable for maintaining Hilton''s position as the search marketing leader in the travel industry.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Search Engine Marketing will be held accountable for paid search and metasearch performance at Hilton. Responsibilities will include growing search revenue while delivering an ROI that sustains a self-funding program, working closely with brand and hotel experts to understand hotel occupancy and booking windows to flex search investment accordingly, providing direction to internal stakeholders and agency partners, and maintaining a test and learn approach to media optimization.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Must be comfortable operating in a culture of transparency and sharing successes and failures with the organization
- Oversee our metasearch channel performance and optimization in the media mix
- Set the objectives for the team and project how those objectives are going to be accomplished
- Ensure established performance standards for Search and Metasearch are met or exceeded
- Manage a team that collaborates with eCommerce Services and Brand Marketing to ensure brand promotions and activities are supported and all key online marketing channels are fully exploited
- Research and help to identify business opportunities for Search and Metasearch and report findings and conclusions to upper management
- Establish priorities and delegate work to Team Members accordingly, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources
- Work with key stakeholders and departments, structuring the resources and activities of the department and project so objectives are accomplished
- Disseminate, organize and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department and project team
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department
- Manage the cross-functional links between Search and Metasearch and other Digital areas
- Adhere to the measurements of the department to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness
- Implement and manage departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of the department are carried out and in accordance with department and company objectives
- Provide direction and directives to the departmental Team Members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and achieving management objectives
- Communicate important and necessary information to Team Members via memos, reports and phone calls
- Leverage effective partnerships with other key departments
- Inform upper management of the department''s progress and advise them on key issues to help the decision making process
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of Director level experience
- Previous experience working closely with Google, MSN, Kenshoo, Baidu, Naver, etc.
- Experience leading a team of search marketing professionals and providing direction to agency partners
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Ability to travel as required (20%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience managing paid search, metasearch, and affiliate marketing with a hospitality or franchise company
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Addison, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible