From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
As a critical team member for the Information Security Incident Response Team, you will drive our information security practices and processes, positioning the Team to become more nimble and capable of handling today''s challenges. As the Engineer, Incident Response, you will own responses to security incidents across the enterprise, using department policies, guidelines, and industry standards to remediate cases and restore normal business operations. Balancing business priorities, emerging threats, and standard methodologies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Company''s information assets, you will actively identify risks and craft actionable strategies to safeguard against future incidents.
What will I be doing?
***This role can be in located in the McLean, VA; Memphis, TN; Dallas, TX or Orlando, FL Offices; or Virtual/Work from Home, as needed.***
As an Engineer at Hilton, you will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable our organization to operate efficiently, cost effectively and within compliance standards. Engineers will also be charged with assisting others in interpreting, understanding, and applying information security policies and standards to mitigate information security risks. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the Information Security and Compliance organization in a coordinated and focused manner.
- Improving Hilton''s full life-cycle information security incident response program, from pre-incident preparation to final incident report
- Providing mentorship and technical leadership to our Information Technology teams by referencing and implementing standard methodologies and approaches
- Ensuring timely response and resolution to anomalous behaviors in a matrixed and outsourced environment
- Collaborating with business partners, key personnel and internal groups to formulate technical response strategies to address information security incidents
- Providing technical expertise for the detection and remediation of security incidents enterprise-wide
- Performing root cause analyses of incidents
- Assisting in identifying and removing new malware variants as needed; sending samples to the anti-virus companies
- Correlating multiple data sources, fact gathering and analysis, determining the best remediation strategy, and implementing solutions until the incident is contained and resolved
- Updating incident history real time and writing final incident reports
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Two (2) years Information Technology work experience
- Four (4) years of information security incident response experience
- Experience detecting and investigating anomalies, containing and remediating identified incidents, securely capturing malware samples and sending to anti-virus companies, writing incident reports for executive review
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Advanced degree
- Knowledge of hotel-based IT systems and applications
- Advanced certifications including CISSP, CISM, CEH, CWSP and GCWN
- Experience with web application firewalls, firewalls, IPS, network topologies and protocols, web content filtering / proxies, load balancers, UNIX/LINUX, identity management, access management, Active Directory, DNS, password management, DLP, logging, SIEM, and security event correlation and analytics
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible