The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Dashboard Development, you will be responsible for creating dashboards to enable business decisions and insights as well as work to design, build, test, and deploy based upon business and technical requirements while following existing defined architecture patterns and development standards.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager of BI Dashboard Development, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, testing, and supporting the deployment of dashboard demand to the Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Developing a Business Intelligence (BI) semantic layer for business consumption
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand business requirements, create functional and technical designs, and document reporting artifacts
- Supporting the performance testing and monitoring production environment
- Providing support and expertise to the business community to assist with better utilization of BI tools
- Reporting the status of development progress to key stakeholders
- Ensuring that dashboards and visualizations adhere to UX best practices, as well as the design library and standards guide
- Providing frontline technical support resolving dashboard related issues, support queries, and tool access through the demand management tool
- Researching and providing recommendations for alternative visualizations and tools
- Understand the business and rationalize the design and build to directly answer the key business questions through engaging visualizations
- Identify and connect the dashboards to appropriate data structures balancing the performance with complexity
- Document guidance around design, architecture patterns and development standards and actively socialize across the BI Development community
- Propose enhancements ahead of the business asks
- Adhere to the project plan and finding opportunities for shorten the development timeline
- Demonstrate deep technical knowledge across multiple BI platforms
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years working in Business Analytics, Intelligence, and measurement
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of data analytics, reporting, and interpretation experience while supporting an enterprise across multiple business functions
- Management Experience (type): Project Management
- Minimum Years of Management Experience: One (1) year managing a team and/or working in a technical lead role
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Expertise with dashboard design and development enabled by BI tools Tableau and MicroStrategy, and performing data analysis
- Advanced experience developing data visualizations and performing data analysis
- General knowledge of big data environments, data modeling, databases and agile delivery
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Proven knowledge of Master Data Management and Data Integration tools like Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Alation, and/or other data management systems
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Working experience with Agile project management methodology
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data Warehouse, Data Lake)
- MicroStrategy Certification
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible