From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
You will support the hotel with business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. You will also tackle problems and provide end-user training and assistance. You will be researching and identifying business opportunities for technology and reporting findings and conclusions to upper management. You will improve profit and/or efficiency while running initiatives within parameters. You will set up and maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members and prepare status reports. You will direct, set up, maintain, and monitor property servers, including back-ups, property LAN performance, telecom systems, and workstations. We administer hotel systems, support the IDM Administrator, and assist with registration as required.
- We also act on support calls passed by the Hilton Support Center (HSC) for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite activity by Cluster Information Technology (IT).
- You will use network monitoring tools to perform periodic health checks of systems.
- You will need to monitor PBX system performance to assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications.
- You''ll be coordinating with other groups to understand and meet their requirements.
- You''ll have the rare chance to lead and fix the entire communications system to figure out if a problem is telephone hardware or cable.
- Testing and evaluating hardware and software efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems; performing preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs
- Crafting and providing training to new users, relocating existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail and access codes
- Handling monthly cell phone usage and equipment, ensuring that the most cost-effective plans available are utilized; watching proper controls to ensure compliance with SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements
- Implementing and managing departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and direct the department in accordance with department and company objectives
- Build and utilize positive partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT, hotel Team Members
- Handling the department''s progress and advising in order to improve on key issues to facilitate the decision-making process and support the Culture of Learning initiatives and other interpersonal training
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years of experience in each of the following:
- Hospitality Industry or related IT field
- Information Technology or telecom field
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles
- Cisco or Microsoft certification, (Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations)
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment preferably in an environment with more than 50 nodes and 2 or more domains
- Deep knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications (applicable Microsoft network admin certifications - MCSE)
- Experience with PMS, POS, Keycard, PBX, Voicemail
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Las Vegas, NV, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration