From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Cluster Information Technology (IT), you will support the hotel with business solutions using Technology including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware to ensure optimal performance. You will also take on problems and provide end-user training and assistance. You will be researching and identifying business opportunities for technology and reporting findings and conclusions to upper management. You will improve profit and/or efficiency while running initiatives within parameters with prepared status reports. You will also set up and maintain computer software and hardware for Team Members. You will direct, set up, maintain and monitor property servers including back-ups, property LAN performance, telecom systems and workstations. We will also need you to administer hotel systems, support the IDM Administrator and assist with registration as required.
- Act on support calls passed by Hilton Support Center (HSC) for systems and applications not supported by HSC or that require onsite activity by Cluster IT.
- Use network monitoring tools to perform periodic health checks of systems.
- Monitor PBX system performance to assure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications.
- Partner collaboratively with other groups to understand and meet their requirements.
- Manage and troubleshoot the entire communications system to figure out if a problem is telephone hardware or cable.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software efficiency, reliability and compatibility with existing systems, performing preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs.
- Set up and provide training to new users as well as relocate existing users with telephone extensions, calling features, voicemail and access codes.
- Handle monthly cell phone usage and equipment, ensuring that the most cost-effective plans available are utilized with proper controls to ensure compliance with SOX, PCI and PABP security requirements.
- Implement and lead departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies align with department and company objectives.
- Build and utilize positive partnerships with preferred vendors, corporate IT and hotel team members.
- Handle the department''s progress, facilitate decision-making processes and advise on how to make improvements.
- Support Culture of Learning initiatives and other organizational training.
- Exhibit dedication and be receptive to mentoring.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years of IT related Hospitality industry experience or experience in Information Technology, the telecom field or related IT field
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles
- Cisco or Microsoft certification (Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, or MCDST for workstations)
- Experience administering networks in a Windows Server/Workstation environment with more than 50 nodes and two (2) or more domains
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications
- MCSE Microsoft network admin certification
- Experience with Property Management Systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) Systems, Keycard, PBX and Voicemail
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Key West, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible