The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 17 industry leading and world-class brands. A dedicated team of industry experts in the domains of hospitality, brand management, innovation, food and beverage, wellness, owner relations, and more, lead our Brands organization with the steadfast goal of strengthening and growing the Hilton portfolio. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Canopy, DoubleTree, Curio Collection, LXR Hotels and Resorts, Motto, Signia, Tapestry Collection, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
What will I be doing?
Are you looking to join a team that is at the epicenter of impacting Hilton''s values and core strategies? Are you looking for a stretch assignment in which you will learn and be challenged? Do you like to make a difference and seeing your work have direct impact in the market?
The Customer Experience and Innovation (CE&I) Team is a newly formed function responsible for the entirety of the on-property guest experience. The team drives the delivery of a steady flow of pragmatic innovation both big and small to six global brands falling under the All-Suites and Focused Service brand categories. Their objectives are to regularly inspect/analyze the customer on-property experience. Continuously optimize physical products and operating models. Integrate above-property innovations with on-property experience. Finally, initiate and lead product teams designed to deliver new customer offerings.
As the Manager of Customer Experience and Product Innovation, you will be responsible for leading and supporting Hilton functional groups that are involved in pragmatic innovation and in developing product offerings that impact the on property guest experience across the Focused Service and all Suites Brand Category. You will be working closely with the assigned CE&I leadership team, Global Brand Heads, Experience Design teams, and relevant product teams to identify, develop, and deliver innovations and products that improve the guest experience, drive RevPAR premiums, and improve owner returns.
More specifically, you will:
As an Embedded Member of our Innovation Product Teams (approx. 50% of time):
- Implement design thinking/user experience concepts in principles to support and lead high priority innovation initiatives that positively impact the on-property customer experience and journey.
- Observe, study and understand needs of guests, owners and operators.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data.
- Work directly with Product Owners, Digital Teams, and Experience Design (XD) leads in the facilitation of design sprints and ideation workshops.
- Partner with Research experts to create and manage the execution of research plans based on identified learning objectives.
- Develop lean prototypes and test products in a low fidelity way.
- Participate in the scaling and implementation of new innovations across our enterprise.
- Assist with Human-Centered Design capability building across the enterprise in partnership with internal teams (i.e., CE&I Product Teams, Experience Design, HR, Digital), as needed.
Day-to-day Execution of Prioritized Initiatives (approx. 50% of time):
- Lead and support high priority product, service, and innovation and initiatives. This includes physical product optimization and development, exterior designs, room and public space décor and experience, food and beverage, service culture, and many more.
- Organize and lead the recurring execution of activities in the areas of customer research, industry trends, innovation and team capability building.
- Lead projects, handle workflow and lead internal teams and agency partners in a matrix environment.
- Serve as a positive change agent who readily embraces and applies new product development and management methodologies.
- Maintain strong collaborative partnerships within the Category and Customer organization.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the chance to create customer experience improvements. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Works effectively both independently and in a team with consensus-building skills
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Strong attention to detail and extraordinary organizational and planning skills
- Handles extensive amounts of information and task lists under time and resource constraints
- Draws upon excellent written, oral, and presentation abilities in order to produce communications that properly reflect the Hilton image
- Builds and maintains high-quality accessible, sustainable, automated points of communication
- Creates low fidelity prototypes/visual concepts
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, and or User Experience Concepts
- Project Management experience
- Travel time - 40%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Three (3) years of experience working in Strategy, Product Development, Innovation, Management Consulting and/or Corporate Environment
Hilton is the world''s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract