Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton''s corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
What will I be doing?
As the Manger, Focused Service Communications, you will lead communications and public relations strategy and tactics that support and enhance the image of the Focused Service Brands (Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Tru by Hilton) for Hilton. Public Relations priorities will include initiatives that drive consumer preference, align brand story globally, support brand business objectives and reinforce corporate communications positioning. You will collaborate closely with Brand Marketing teams to develop integrated marketing and PR plans per brand, and to execute, optimize and measure the impact of the plans ongoing.
- The production of print, broadcast and online outlet editorial pitches
- Create and help to refine the brand and key property press releases as well as ongoing media relations
- Support brand and regional PR teams and marketing initiatives
- You will handle proactive and reactive media requests, draft, refine and distribute press releases, prepare media lists, and develop ongoing relationships with best-in-class reporters and news outlets. In addition, you will provide direction to third-party agencies for pitching efforts and collaborating on monthly coverage and monitoring reports
- Direct and lead the PR for Focused Service internal and external campaigns, events and meetings and will own and provide updates for internal Hilton corporate communications documents, newsletters and updates
- You will serve as secondary contact for media inquiries/interviews with brand spokespeople and act as primary contact for assigned programming
- You will be responsible for overseeing and budgeting line items for assigned projects and ongoing tracking/reconciliation of line items and will contribute regularly to the annual planning process for PR and Marketing
- Provide PR guidance and support on portfolio activities, including strategic direction and ongoing content improvements, for brand and news websites
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with Marketing, Regional Marketing, Online Marketing and Global Corporate Communications and other departments to provide strategic counsel, ideation for content creation and input for achieving brand and corporate priorities
- Support brand development priorities, hotel performance and management of owner community through trade/hospitality media
- Handle approvals of on-property filming and direct or support filming and entertainment placements as needed in collaboration with partnerships and entertainment sales teams
- Support crisis management activity as needed
- Solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years of professional work experience
- 25% Travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master''s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism
- Seven (7) years of professional work experience
- Experience in hospitality
- Fluent in Spanish
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible