Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
As a member of Payroll Shared Services leadership, you will be responsible for running the data governance process around the Oracle Cloud Human Resources (HR) and Payroll systems. We depend on you to ensure the accurate and timely setup of the system configuration such as new element creation, element eligibility updates, tax configurations, and OTBI reporting for corporate operations and approximately 270 owned and managed properties. As the Manager, Payroll Data Governance, you will train, support and provide mentorship for your team members as well as lead decisions related to their careers, collaborating with your leadership on final decisions. Additionally, you will work closely with your team to provide premier customer service, ensuring both our internal and external customers a positive experience.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will serve as a point of critical issue resolution for data governance and build partnerships with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data. You will ensure deadlines are met with accurate reporting of payroll and related taxes.
More specifically, you will be:
- Evaluating and providing expertise for payroll system configuration
- Taking the initiative to research and identify system changes relating to Oracle Payroll Releases
- Serving as the primary point of contact for data requests from business partners
- Allocating and reviewing work, providing training, mentorship and support, and working with the Team to set and achieve objectives
- Handling workflow to ensure tasks are performed on a timely basis in accordance with an agreed upon timeframe
- Evaluating and implementing new requirements for the organization''s changing business needs, including new hotels, legal entity restructurings and corporate reorganizations
- Assisting in establishing performance standards for the Department''s Team Members and evaluations comparing actual performance against those standards
- Maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local requirements related to creating and configuring elements
- Ensuring earnings and deductions elements are established in compliance with internal controls and financial requirements
- Handling any other duties assigned as they pertain to the accuracy of the configuration within the Oracle Payroll environment
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Associate''s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience with multi-state payroll processing, in a high volume environment, and with a broad customer base
- Four (4) years of shown ability to craft complex documents and spreadsheets used to train and measure success of Key Performance Indicators
- Four (4) years of demonstrated payroll expertise in regards to compliance, problem solving, system, SOX compliance and business processes
- 10-25% travel availability, as needed
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Four (4) years of payroll processing experience in a hospitality or hotel environment
- Three (3) years technical expertise with payroll processing in Oracle Cloud
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ADP SmartCompliance outsourced tax reporting model
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible