The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Reporting and Automation, you will be responsible for designing and building standard reports using business intelligence tools Tableau and MicroStrategy, as well as automating the pipeline of existing reports that are high in value, but created manually.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager of Reporting Automation and Support, you will be responsible for:
- Executing development lifecycle of reports
- Gathering and validating reporting requirements (key data elements, report owners, objects, etc.) using functional design documents
- Collaborating with the Data Integration and Architecture team in defining the architecture of data sources that will support reporting requirements
- Assisting in translating requirements into tangible deliverables and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing
- Assisting the data quality process to ensure the integrity of data sources consumed by reporting
- Designing and implementing the reporting semantic layer used in the definition of reports and datasets
- Executing development of detailed reports through build, test, and production deployment activities such as data gathering and report design
- Overseeing the successful distribution and communication to relevant stakeholders through the Analytics Portal
- Automating the pipeline of existing reports through the automation of data ingestion, data structuring, and data validation
- Designing and implementing workflows to automate reporting system management processes
- Helping define the data sourcing and API strategy, in collaboration with the Data Architecture and Integration team and IT
- Collaborating with IT on the definition of data sourcing and system integration patterns to support downstream data consumers
- Supporting the reporting needs of business stakeholders in a timely and professional manner
- Understand the business and rationalize the reporting design to directly answer the key business requirements
- Identify and develop the appropriate dataset objects (reports, filters, metrics, etc..) to support dashboard development
- Document guidance around design, architecture patterns and development standards and actively socialize across the BI Development community
- Adhere to the project plan and finding opportunities for shorten the development timeline
- Demonstrate deep technical knowledge across the different stages of the development life cycle of BI platforms
- Proactively identify and propose alternatives to improve the stability, performance and accuracy of the reporting infrastructure
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Five (5) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years designing and developing reports and dashboards
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years working in data representation and data integration to support an enterprise across multiple business functions
- Minimum Years of Management Experience: One (1) year managing a team and/or working in a technical lead role
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Expertise with BI tools including MicroStrategy and Tableau
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Proven knowledge of Master Data Management and Data Integration tools like Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Alation, and/or other data management systems
- Functional experience in hospitality
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
- Working knowledge of Web Services architecture and components like Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), RESTful web services
- Working experience with Agile project management methodology
- MicroStrategy Certification
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible