Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton''s performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton''s Customer, Marketing, Digital, and Revenue and Sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter authorities (like this role), who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical guides, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and to effectively measure and drive company performance.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Analytics, you will lead revenue management analytic efforts as part of a cross-functional pricing optimization product team. The team''s objective is to drive commercial performance through varying product and pricing designs, resulting in action and deployment across the enterprise. Heavily embedded with the business, the role will need to provide key analytical leadership during strategy development, requirements gathering, modeling and measurement applications. The role will also collaborate with other revenue management analytic leads in developing advanced techniques to monitor ongoing effectiveness of pricing changes, working closely with forecast and commercial targets.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead projects with cross-functional analytic and business teams, including but not limited to data science, marketing, digital, customer and product teams.
- Collaborate and strategize with business teams to design, develop and measure optimal price and product enhancements with key focus on enterprise value creation, return on investment and net impact.
- Conduct extensive requirements gathering sessions with the business or key stakeholder groups.
- Consult with Revenue Management Analytics and Data Scientists to prioritize and improve forecast models.
- Model and execute recommendations for new product offers to satisfy changing customer needs.
- Evaluate opportunities to improve revenue management systems capabilities for product and pricing controls.
- Develop and refine a test & learn framework that allows for quick measurement and recommendations that expedites business action.
- Measure and monitor the performance and effectiveness of current initiatives, prepare and present analysis during executive and multi-functional reviews.
- Evaluate effectiveness of pricing strategies and campaigns.
- Develop new hires, mentors new hires, and helps to improve team''s analytical and technical skills.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to engage audiences
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Four (4) years of professional experience in roles creating and analyzing reports, capturing reporting requirements, developing reports and dashboards
- Three (3) years working with data representation, storytelling, analyses, and modeling
- Two (2) years of forecasting, pricing or product analysis experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- One (1) year of functional experience in Hotel Sales or Revenue Management
- Ability to balance and translate complex analytical methodologies into organizational and business objectives
- Expertise with BI and data tools (including SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience in advanced analytic techniques, particularly R or Python
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration