Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Tax Technology (MTT), you will assist the Tax Department with gathering, organizing and analyzing data from a variety of different systems and different departments at the direction of the Senior Director of Tax Technology. In this role, you will assist the Senior Director in serving as a liaison between various groups within the Tax Department and between the Tax Department and other groups both inside and outside the Company.
As the Manager, Tax Technology, you will assist the director in leveraging technology tools to prepare, analyze, review and enhance process efficiencies and controls. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, analyzing, reviewing, implementing and testing the technology solutions that will present book and tax data in the format and level of detail required by the Tax Department.
More specifically, you will be:
Tax Reporting and Compliance Processes –
- Assisting with the analysis and implementation of workpaper process, which include taxable income and the consolidations processes to track and analyze current and deferred taxes
- Assisting with the management and efficient data interaction of the Microsoft Excel and Tax software processes
Software System Changes –
- Assisting in tax related technology projects, including coordination with technology vendors as needed by the Senior Director
- Ensuring that existing tax software is properly supported and meeting user needs
- Assisting in the evaluation of all processes within tax to look for opportunities for further automation
- Analyzing, reviewing, testing and suggesting enhancements for all tax technology and process improvement projects within the Department with a focus on efficiency
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Five (5) years Corporate or Public Accounting experience in the area of corporate income tax or Information Technology
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Experience with tax software systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master''s Degree
- Eight (8) years corporate or public accounting experience in the area of corporate income tax or information technology
- Eight (8) years of professional experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and U.S. Corporate Income Tax principles
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible