Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As a Hilton Payroll Specialist, you will be a team member of the Centralized Accounting function. You will ensure timely and accurate processing and recording of hotel and corporate payroll. Additionally, you will utilize your analytical skills to facilitate the input and verification of data and maintain changes to employee tax withholdings and bank data. The team will rely on you to resolve direct deposit issues including processing of special payments, performing final review of payroll, producing appropriate journal entries and providing payroll with customer service support to internal clients. You will achieve these objectives by building positive partnerships with those at both corporate locations and hotel properties. Lastly, we will lean on your expertise and knowledge to process payroll records and reports for the accounting of salary/wages due, accruals, deductions and other payroll functions.
- Process income and deduction data using the PeopleSoft Human Resources (HR)/Payroll System.
- Create employee payments, pay records and manual checks.
- Review and verify payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries.
- Build and maintain positive partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Perform the final review of payroll data related to salary. This includes coordinating with Human Resources on various corrections and changes for the final calculation of payroll.
- Perform weekly payroll duties, including setting up new account numbers, distributing reports, running queries in PeopleSoft and researching and reconciling payroll related issues.
- Complete appropriate forms to adjust wage and salary account funds or to correct or balance a special situation.
- Handle additional third-party resources as needed for projects.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Analytical skills that include basic accounting and math skills
- Project management skills that lend to leading multiple priorities, completing projects on time and communicating project status or delays
- Organizational skills that include the utmost attention to detail in order to appropriately set trace systems to track projects and work
- Diplomacy skills to effectively and patiently work with employees and customers, staying upbeat when facing hard problems
- Autonomous work ethic
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years of experience processing payroll per documented processes within defined deadlines using an HR/Payroll system
- Two (2) years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications or other word-processing, database or spreadsheet programs
- One (1) year of experience with multi-state payroll processing, laws and regulations
- Entry level to three (0-3) years of accounting/payroll experience
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR/Payroll System required within three (3) months after hire
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Experience working in an Oracle based system
- Four to five (4-5) years of accounting/payroll experience
- Three (3) years of experience processing payroll per documented processes within defined deadlines using an HR/Payroll system
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible