From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton''s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
Hilton is looking for a Principal Architect to be a part of the cross-functional and self-managing Agile team, focused on coding the technology solution needed to create, maintain, fix, or enhance our products. Participate in the design and architecture of targeted capabilities and solution architectures, perform the hands-on development work to write the code, and lead the effort to deliver the specified capability assigned to them.
What will I be doing?
You will mentor more junior Developers, assisting with both the onboarding and ramp-up of new resources, as well as providing day-to-day knowledge transfer and support to their more junior peers. Expertise in Java, Spring framework, NoSQL db (Couchbase preferred), Restful API development. Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban or Scrum).
- Follow product design to perform development tasks to build /deliver the product increment
- Follow requirements when developing a solution that helps to meet the ‘definition of done'' for a particular User Story or break/fix
- Code and configure quality technology solutions that require limited rework and meet business and end-user needs
- Develop and integrate software as their primary responsibility
- Support Core Agile team activities, such as helping to maintain the sprint back log, and participating in backlog refinement, sprint planning and sprint
- Support the estimation of backlog items
- Assist with unit test, as required
Product Quality and Implementation
- Provide production support by troubleshooting incidents and problems, as well as participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Deliver maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications
- Adhere to coding standards and procedures and participate in code reviews
- Ensure that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process
- Assist the Tester in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the test plan
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you will possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Twelve (12) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years working as a Developer
- Two (2) years of management experience
- Two (2) years of professional software development experience
- Advanced training in applicable development languages, such as iOS/Android, Java, HTML, XML
- Experience with ‘as a service'' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Experience with Agile software development and relevant processes
- Travel up to 25%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Thirteen (13) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years of development experience writing code
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible