As the Principal Digital Application Architect, you will be responsible technical architecture and design to ensure delivery of new enhancements, capabilities, features, and functions for Hero Web technologies that meet the needs of the enterprise and its customers. In this role, you will be expected to work within an agile framework to enable and support the development teams in Hero Web, as well as to collaborate with other Architects, Developers, and Product Leads on targeted features and functions required allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in Hospitality.
What will I be doing?
As the Hero Web Architect, you will be involved in tool selection, architecture, design, and development, problem solving, and communicating via technical documentation. Other responsibilities will include developing an architecture that supports test automation and continuous delivery for different products. You will also ensure the application code is well written, reliable, and provides a solid foundation for Hero Web. In this role, you will be expected to set the technology path and rethink the direction for Hero Web as the architecture matures.
As the Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing solid partnerships within the IT organization to ensure cross-functional alignment, to ensure clear understanding of a feature requests
- Helping fill gaps throughout the development cycle when critical or complex issues arise to ensure delivery expectations are met
- Leading and mentoring other Developers on the technology stack building up the core competency to increase the velocity of the teams
- Helping to define and follow architecture methodology, driving team velocity, and delivering industry leading web and mobile solutions with best in class quality and performance
- Should be able to embrace and demonstrate the core principles of architecture and ensure these principles are followed throughout the team by building reference architecture and reference applications
- Communicating regularly with IT Project Manager and Lead on assigned tasks
- Interacting with other teams as it relates to the successful implementation and support of brand.com projects and systems
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams in diverse locations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with focus and precision
- Ability to balance competing demands
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence across organization boundaries
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: eight (8) years of Professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: seven (7) years of software engineering experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: seven (7) years of experience working collaboratively with other Team Members to complete projects
- Minimum Years of Experience: four (4) years of development experience using Java EE in a web environment
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years of experience working with test automation tools
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years of experience and a strong working knowledge of Atlassian Stack
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of experience with Node.js
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of development experience in react, relay, and Graphql
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of experience working with Couchbase or other NOSQL databases
- Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year of microservices experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year of experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Travel up to 10% of the time
- Strong working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of architecture principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum Years of Experience: twelve (12) years of Professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years of development experience in an environment that uses a content management system
- Experience in customer facing web and API technologies that require complex systems integration
- Certified with and/or working knowledge of OnQ, or any other of our Company''s proprietary applications
- Experience working in a Unix environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible