With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
As Regional Senior Director of Sales you will assist in the development and implementation of strategic sales plans to improve profitability and market share for assigned hotels. You will develop the team and individuals for the Sales, Catering, and Events function as well as effective processes that will support the overall direction and revenue generation.
In this role, you will develop strategies and directions for an assigned demographic of hotels, related to the execution of the property''s marketing and sales functions and policies. You will work with hotels in capitalizing on Hilton Marketing and Sales programs with a large emphasis on engaging Hilton Sales and partnering lead sources for maximum exposure of the hotels. You will actively engage in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client- and other meaningful industry events. You''ll also close the gap in making revenue and Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) as well as gaining market share in the local market.
To be successful in this position you will also:
- Use database intelligence and RevGen to create focused opportunities for the hotel
- We have you work alongside Revenue Management to strategically plan and coordinate the overall market mix, with a special focus on group, permanent, and business and leisure travel.
- Set short and long term goals through the review of data, demand analysis and market mix
- Partner with Legal and Finance leadership to ensure the overall strategic direction of the hotel is consistent with and supported by these areas
- Work with key partners, SVP''s, and AVP''s, to structure the resources and activities of the hotel''s sales team so objectives are accomplished
- Streamline business processes to maximize efficiency
- Handle the cross-functional links between hotels
- You ensure that Hilton''s sales systems are demonstrated against available data to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness to help direct sales resources.
- We want you to lead the cross selling opportunities between hotels.
- Influence the division, departments, and individual Team Members to accomplish the organization''s mission and goals through motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership
- Conduct effective management of third party partners
- Assist hotels in maximizing revenue contributions from major distribution channels (Hilton Reservations and Customer Care, Global Distribution System, Internet vendors)
- Negotiate and monitor the quality and cost of services
- Provide direction and leadership to Team Members within the hotel''s Sales and Marketing functions
- Ensure top-level talent is in place within the organization and develop current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance
- Participate in the annual forecast, budget, and market plan preparation process
- Support new hotel acquisitions and transitions through consultation, deployment of Hilton resources, positioning and brand initiation
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for divisions, departments and individual positions
- Assess actual performance against standards to figure out whether the department is on target to reach its goals and take corrective actions as necessary
- Ensure the business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed
- Establish and carry out policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results. You will ensure a return on invested capital and time resources.
- Execute a matrixed reporting of all Directors of Sales in the market special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Set standards for leadership by example, including the ability to effect change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within appropriate levels of enterprise, including maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- We value someone with discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- We need someone that takes initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities in keeping with core strategic goals.
- You have excellent analytical skills, you effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; actively identify and prevent potential problems; develop analytical skills among direct reports and other Team Members as appropriate.
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for oneself, your team and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities, including adherence to the organization''s standards for performance feedback
- You initiate and direct reciprocal efforts of multiple teams throughout the organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups.
- You are a phenomenal team leader and motivator.
- Outstanding presentation skills, including the ability to identify message points and opportunities with all constituent groups
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Ten (10) years of Sales Leadership
- Five (5) years of Hospitality Leadership
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with analyzing departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Travel as required up to 75%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree
- Ten (10) years of Hospitality experience
- Five (5) years of experience as a Director of Sales and Marketing of a hotel
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible