With more than 700 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top-selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
***This position can be based in the Carrollton, TX; New York, NY;
As the Sales Representative – Partnership, you will be responsible for working as a team with Hilton Worldwide Sales, conversion of business opportunities with designated peak room nights for key accounts within the entertainment and project travel vertical markets as defined by the Managing Director of Sales.
More specifically, you will:
- Offer consultative hotel solutions for opportunities and events to group customers and ensure all daily operational functions of the opportunity and booking processes are completed efficiently and authoritatively.
- Collaborate with the International Specialists team in the US, supporting the 50 peak and under bookings that fall under most verticals on the team.
- Work closely with International hotels in an effort to drive revenues to these regions (Canada, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC). Understanding of the regions would be beneficial in the role.
- Establish, build, and maintain positive relationships with our clients with ongoing telephone and written communications. This includes working in accordance with national group account owners and related NSO teams on customer events and/or special projects.
- Achieve conversion percentage and activity quotas.
- Maintain high levels of customer service while adhering to Hilton policy and procedures as well as follow established Best Practices. This involves participating in hotel presentations and training programs to maintain updated product knowledge and sales skills.
- Evaluate and streamline processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Complete special projects as required/assigned and use sales systems and applications to enter data and/or process information regarding opportunity and hotel bookings.
- Update and maintain accurate sales information records, including account reports, events, history reports, traces, and general account information. This includes documenting sales activities through opportunity and call reports. You will submit daily, weekly and monthly activity reports relating to opportunities generated, priority active opportunity (hit lists) booked revenue, client contact, and account activity.
- Support the Department on various projects and targeted initiatives as assigned by the Managing Director of Sales (MDOS) and Executive Director (ED).
- Close sales by building a rapport explaining product and service capabilities, as well as overcoming objections and/or offering alternative solutions.
- Drive positive results through customized solutions.
- Clients – to effectively communicate information which will influence a positive buying decision
- Owners – to build a significant and individualized partnership to provide unlimited value
- Brands – creating a partnership with a defined and differentiated sales approach to improve and collect up to date knowledge of existing hotels, new development, and processes and procedures to share with customers to influence positive buying decisions and revenue production
- Colleagues – a dedication to the One-Teams commercial culture while living the Heart of Hilton
- Hotels – to ensure full alignment, shared intelligence and active engagement to achieve goals
- Sales Support – to effectively lead non-selling activity in support of driving sales results
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong team problem solving skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills, work on multiple projects simultaneously and incorporate trace systems to track progress
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One (1) year of hospitality sales experience and/or Group Travel Industry
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Minimal travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Two (2) years of hotel sales experience
- In-depth knowledge of Delphi or similar property sales management systems such as Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of lead management systems including Meeting Broker, Cvent, Starcite and/or Lanyon
Hilton is the world''s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Carrollton, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract