Hilton is creating an industry-leading Data & Analytics team that turns data into insights and insights into decisions, leveraging a combination thought leadership and hospitable, business savvy problem solvers to reinvent the way we measure and impact our business.
The newly formed Data Strategy & Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data channeling, reporting and dashboards.
As the Senior Analyst, Data Architecture, you will report to the Director, Data Architecture & API Library, and be responsible for making sure that the right data is modeled, shaped and available for consumption in the most efficient way, providing a one-stop shop for sourcing all enterprise data by managing the data models and APIs, and playing a key support role in data services, aligned by data domain. You will be supporting the construct, testing, and optimization of the data integration patterns between Hadoop and BI tools to maximum performance. You will also be supporting management of the Application Programming Interface (API) library.
What will I be doing?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through:
- Highly governed, documented and enterprise-aware set of data models used for reporting, dashboards and analytics self-service
- Effective solution architecture support of the entire team for overall approach and methodology and final review of deliverables
- Smart and efficient Big Data architecture approach and infrastructure for the projects
- Implementation of data shapes following the architecture designs
- Close engagement with the BI team to optimize models and connection patterns for maximum performance
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting data query needs from multiple stakeholders within the Center of Excellence (Dashboards, Analytics, and Data Science Pods) and in the business
- Supporting the self-service capability of the business using drag and drop functionality within BI tools
- Working with Business Data Steward(s) and Information Technology (IT) Data Steward(s) to identify data elements needed to address downstream data requests
- Working with IT to define data sourcing and system integration requirements for downstream consumers
- Coordinating with the Information Integration team to ensure that meta-data is captured accurately
- Documenting functional data integration requirements for ingestion of required data into the data lake
- Coordinating with IT data architecture to define technical integration requirements to supply required source data
- Coordinating with report automation team to validate data consumer requirements are met and that the right data is sourced from the lake
- Working with meta-data analysts to ensure data element lineage and other business and technical metadata is documented in the repository
- Helping manage the library of all deployed Application Programming Interface (API)s
- Supporting API documentation of classes, methods scenarios, code, design rationales, and contracts
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate''s Degree/College Diploma/Cepeg
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years in data integration and API management
- Minimum Years of Experience: two (2) years in Analytics Programming Languages
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): o Expertise with BI tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy and the respective data integration patterns o Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, and presentation skills o Minimum one (1) year of experience with Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlast, Cllibra, and other data management systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in hospitality
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer, solution seeker across variety of opinions
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented and an assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible