The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Director, Information Architecture and API Library, you will be responsible for making sure the right data is modeled, shaped and available for consumption in the most efficient way, providing a one-stop shop for sourcing all enterprise data by managing the data models and APIs, and playing a key support role in data services, aligned by data domain. You will be supporting the construct, testing and optimization of data workflows and integration patterns between zones within the data lake, specifically within Enterprise and Business Zones to support maximum performance of BI tools, as well as the management of the Application Programming Interface (API) library.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Data Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting data query needs from multiple stakeholders within the Center of Excellence (Dashboards, Analytics, and Data Science Pods) and in the business
- Supporting the self-service capability of the business using drag and drop functionality within BI tools
- Working with Business Data Steward(s) and Information Technology (IT) Data Steward(s) to identify data elements needed to address downstream data requests
- Working with IT to define data sourcing and system integration requirements for downstream consumers
- Coordinating with the Information Integration team to ensure that meta-data is captured accurately
- Documenting functional data integration requirements for the ingestion of required data into the data lake
- Coordinating with IT Data Architecture to define technical integration requirements to supply required source data
- Coordinating with the Report Automation team to validate data consumer requirements are met and that the right data is sourced from the lake
- Working with meta-data analysts to ensure data element lineage and other business and technical metadata is documented in the repository
- Helping manage the library of all deployed APIs
- Supporting API documentation of classes, methods scenarios, code, design rationales, and contracts
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of experience with data integration and API programming language and management
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years of experience with Analytics Programming Languages
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of experience with Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Alation, Collibra, and other data management systems
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of experience with the Hadoop platform and Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS)
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Expertise with BI tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy and the respective data integration patterns
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- End-to- end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data WH, Data Lake)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible