Hilton is creating an industry-leading Data & Analytics team that turns data into insights and insights into decisions, leveraging a combination thought leadership and hospitable, business savvy problem solvers to reinvent the way we measure and impact our business.
The newly formed Data Strategy & Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data channeling, reporting and dashboards.
As the Senior Analyst, Data Integration, you will report to the Senior Manager Data Architecture, and work with the Analytics teams and Information Technology (IT) to ensure we leverage maximum value from smartly integrated data while aligned with business requirements for reporting and analytics. In this role, you will execute and implement tactics to align data sources through common keys and in co-operation with Data Architects, enable integrated data sets to be shaped in data models for a variety of business uses.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Data Integration, you will ensure that business requirements for reporting and analytics are met and provide expertise in both data architecture as well as the business, understanding business strategy and requirements. The success of this role will demonstrate itself through the effective integration of data sources, master, and reference data to create a unique and scalable blend supporting the consumption layer of reporting and analytics.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Executing key activities driven by the Information Integration, Data Architects, Reference Data Manager, and Master Data Manager
- Defining, executing and maintaining the golden records (customer, account, property etc.)
- Collaborating with IT to design and help model application data structures, storage, and integration in accordance with enterprise-wide architecture standards and processes
- Coordinating with the data sourcing leads to ensure the right data is sourced for reporting needs; providing input to the choice of integration patterns for reporting based on value for the business
- Maintaining Hilton''s enterprise business data glossary to enforce common business language
- Documenting and managing definition of hierarchies and groupings
- Managing create, read, update, delete (CRUD) processes for master and meta-data management
- Adding, modifying and deleting reference data code values and tables
- Reviewing new and modified definitions for business terms (meta-data) input by business data stewards
- Adding or deleting users and/or add/update permissions for data management tools
- Flagging sensitive data according to information security policies
- Documenting data supply chain including key transformations (meta-data management)
- Associating business terms with related technical metadata (data linkage)
- Supporting definition of matching rules and survivorship and documenting requirements
- Supporting implementation of matching rules and workflows via tool
- Supporting documentation of list and code values for Reference Data and changes in reference and master data values in the MDM tool
- Supporting documentation of integration requirements
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: Associate''s Degree/College Diploma/Cepeg
- Minimum Years of Experience: three (3) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year of experience working with Master Data Management domains including strategy, planning, management, and technology solution
- Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year of experience working with enterprise reference data
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): o A minimum of one (1) year of experience supporting data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, data quality, and data strategy o A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with Master Data Management and Metadata Management tools including Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlast, Collibra, and other data management systems o Advanced Microsoft and Excel and PowerPoint skills; Advanced presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in hospitality
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer, solution seeker across variety of opinions
- Self-starter, well organized, extremely detail-oriented and an assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work well under pressure and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible