The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of experts in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Data Quality, you will be responsible for supporting data quality management, implementing proactive data quality management practices, and supporting the resolution of known data quality issues. A critical part of this role will be developing appropriate communication mechanisms to instill full trust in the data within the business stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, of Data Quality, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of data quality management techniques to measure and improve the quality of data used by Hilton
- Executing processes for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness and accuracy)
- Supporting the development of data quality standards and completing documentation
- Supporting the creations of a seamless process of problem detection, testing and fixing the application to ensure quick recovery from challenges posed by source systems
- Working on the enterprise data quality scorecard and business-unit specific data quality dashboards
- Providing reports on ongoing enterprise data quality and data quality initiatives by data domain
- Collaborating with business data stewards and Information Technology (IT) data stewards to ensure the resolution of data quality issues
- Working with business data stewards to define and document data quality requirements and rules
- Working with Developers to create data quality rules and workflows in data quality applications, enabling business users to actively identify data quality issues
- Developing training materials to support educating business users on data quality scorecards, metrics, and cleansing rules
- Conducting data profiling as part of proactive data management by domain
- Supporting the execution of data quality resolutions
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Education: BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years of experience with data quality capabilities
- Minimum Years of Experience: Two (2) years working with data integration, data governance, data life cycle management, and data quality
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.):
- Proficient analytical skills and experience performing ad-hoc analysis using SQL for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or Postgre-SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year of Project Management experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: One (1) year working with Master Data Management and Metadata Management tools including Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas, Alation, and other data management systems
- Functional experience in Hospitality
- Expertise using BI Tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI, Data WH, Data Lake)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- McLean, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible