Hilton''s Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
Are you seeking to expand your experience globally by using analytical skills in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment? As the Senior Analyst, Hotel Accounting, you will have exposure to a wide breadth of accounting and finance work. You will have the opportunity to oversee a group of assigned hotels for Centralized Hotel Accounting. You will act as a resource to your internal and external partners by performing accounting, reporting, compliance, budgeting, and forecasting for your dedicated hotels. The team will tap into your exceptional interpersonal skills in order to build positive partnerships through owner relations.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform monthly closing and post-closing activities such as financial statement variance reviews, balance sheet reconciliations, and wire transfers. You will document and address any issues that arise throughout the closing and post-close period and ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Prepare cash-flow forecasts and analyze cash positions as they relate to cash needs. You will communicate with parties on any cash-related concerns, including providing owner reporting when requested.
- Book key closing journal entries and other reports and projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved. Examples of third-parties include but are not limited to outsourcing providers, auditors, valuation specialists, and software vendors.
- Review Managed and Franchise agreements while implementing the set-up and maintenance of internal controls. This includes SOX compliance.
- Run revenue and owner reporting for full and focused service hotels and then report and explain the results to others, ensuring an understanding of the outcomes.
- Review credit cards for credits without debits and work with hotels to investigate.
- Perform MID changes and related set-ups and testing.
- Collaborate with your manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish project and department goals.
- Develop positive relationships with other finance/corporate departments, Hotel Owners, and Hotel Personnel.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Upbeat collaborators that consistently project a positive attitude with a high degree of flexibility, innovation and awareness
- Dynamic problem solvers, who strive to use good judgment and business insight to solve hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative and manage their composure under time constraints to effectively handle concurrent responsibilities
- Communicators that strive to simplify complex reports into top line executive briefs
- Ardent learners, who love to master new technologies as required
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor''s Degree
- Three (3) years of relevant analytical work experience
- Two (2) years preparing, analyzing, or auditing financial statements
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master''s Degree or CPA
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Memphis, TN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible